PDA

View Full Version : Need some product opinions

blkwidow02
03-02-2009, 10:54 PM
Looking for advice on products for my mix of cars. As listed in my sig, I have an 06 Lemans Blue Vette, 05 black Acura MDX, and an 05 gray Nissan Frontier.

I was moderatly into polishing and detailing my 02 Z28 and 02 TA a few years ago, but after selling them and having kids, I`ve fallen behind the times on car care. My main focus will be keeping the Vette in pristine condition, but the other two are our daily drivers so I would love it if I could get a single set of products that will work well for all three.

I already have a PC, and plan on picking up some LC CCS 5.5 pads (Orange, white, black). The vette`s paint is in pretty good shape with just a few swirls so only a light polishing is needed. The MDX has some heavy swirls and marks which will require a heavier cut. What polishes, waxes, sealents would you experts recommend for a nice deep wet look on the blue and black cars (the nissan is an afterthought since its my beat-up truck).

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Street5927
03-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I particulary like the Menzerna, Gloss-it and 3M Products for use with the PC. As far as wax, there are many good ones out there. I use the Pinnacle Souveran paste.

zaxjax
03-03-2009, 09:14 AM
Menzerna or 1Z polishes are great

M105 for heavy correction

3M Ultrafina for final polish

LSP`s are a whole different story

blkwidow02
03-03-2009, 09:50 AM
I saw that Menzerna has some polishes that are great with the ceramic clearcoat on the vettes. Is this too agressive for the MDX though? I`ve read that Honda/Acura has really soft paint.

Also, I do have some leftover Megs #83, #80 & #16, but they`ve been sitting in the garage for the last 3 years. Does this stuff degrade over time considering I live in San Antonio and the garage gets incredibly hot in the summers? I opened them up this morning and they all still look normal.

MBZ 500E
03-03-2009, 11:25 AM
#83 worked beautifully on my wifes Honda Pilot. Nice glossy finish and it removed the contaminants I couldn`t get with the clay. I`ve had my #83 for a few years with no problems. Just make sure you shake vigorously before you start.

DM101
03-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Prep is going to be the key. Try Menzerna SIP and follow with PO85RD. Then Fuzion on the Vette and Meguiars #21 on the daily drivers.