PDA

View Full Version : Stuck with Klasse

Pages : [1] 2 3

BIOLINK
03-02-2009, 09:10 PM
I applied Klasse HGSG to half my car after SIP and 106FF and IPA wipe down. I am finding it incredibly difficult to work with. My questions are as follows:

Is it easier to work with following AIO?

Will IPA remove HGSG so I can apply something else?

Setec Astronomy
03-02-2009, 09:13 PM
You need to put SG on so thin you can barely tell you have any on the paint. It may help to dampen the applicator. The amount you use will be just drops.

BIOLINK
03-02-2009, 09:42 PM
Ok, I tried the moist pad and just a few drops. That works better.

Still, I would like to know if it is easier to use after AIO. Does anyone know?

Thanks.

Garry Dean
03-02-2009, 09:43 PM
You need to put SG on so thin you can barely tell you have any on the paint. It may help to dampen the applicator. The amount you use will be just drops.

+1.

If you want to remove HGSG all you have to do it polish over it or use a cleaner wax of some type. IMO you should get some AIO its good stuff. If you apply AIO over the HGSG it will remove it.

BIOLINK
03-02-2009, 09:49 PM
+1.

If you want to remove HGSG all you have to do it polish over it or use a cleaner wax of some type. IMO you should get some AIO its good stuff. If you apply AIO over the HGSG it will remove it.

Alcohol wipe won`t do it?

BigJimZ28
03-02-2009, 09:54 PM
+1.

go with the KAIO

trying to polish off fresh KSG is no fun

IMO I don`t think a "cleaner wax" will touch it

termigator
03-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Have you tried wiping it after spraying some QD? I don`t use SG much, but I heard that helps to get the residue off. Good luck.

BIOLINK
03-02-2009, 10:29 PM
Have you tried wiping it after spraying some QD? I don`t use SG much, but I heard that helps to get the residue off. Good luck.

Ya, I have Blackfire QD spray. I used that. It helps but I never really know if I am taking off the LSP or not. I think my best best is to pick up AIO (I don`t actually have any) and give the car a once over with that and then maybe try SG over it. I had heard it was a bit tricky before buying it and of course I tried to be cheap ad not buy the AIO. I was hoping for the best....I also heard Collinite was tricky and I found it to be a breeze. I was hoping this would be the same.

imported_themightytimmah
03-02-2009, 11:35 PM
I like to use Meg`s #34 to remove KSG. Does a great job and doesn`t affect the results.

BIOLINK
03-02-2009, 11:48 PM
I`m leaning in the direction of heading to the local Benz dealership which carries AIO and giving the whole care a quick once over with the PC. That couldn`t take more than a few minutes. Then I should have an even coat of LSP. I have read that AIO is easy to remove. True???

:usa

If I do that, how long do I need to wait to put a coat of P21S over the top? I`m dying to try that. I KNOW that is easy to use.

Then I am left with the nagging question of what the heck do I do with the KHGSG?

I guess I need to figure out how to use it or pass it on....

imported_Ivan Rajic
03-03-2009, 12:18 AM
1. apply KSG to the whole car

2. let it sit for 10-15 mins

3. get 2 mf towels (1 moist with qd (I Use final inspection #34) and one dry)

4. Wipe a small area with moist, then dry

5. enjoy... I`ve been a huge fan of KSG for years now and never had trouble using it without using AIO first.

Setec Astronomy
03-03-2009, 05:28 AM
I have read that AIO is easy to remove. True???

No, it can be just as bad as SG if you put it on too heavy and let it dry too long (be especially careful if it build up on panel edges if you are applying it via PC).

With most of these products, less is more, the Klasse products need to be applied exceedingly sparingly. Same goes for hard waxes like 476S or #16.

termigator
03-03-2009, 05:53 AM
Then I am left with the nagging question of what the heck do I do with the KHGSG?

I guess I need to figure out how to use it or pass it on....

:usa[/QUOTE]

I traded mine away for some XMT Glaze over at DetailCity, but their trade section seemed to have been removed. Didn`t Autopia have something like that?

jDizzle
03-03-2009, 09:43 AM
. I have read that AIO is easy to remove. True???

my experience with Klasse AIO, put it on thin, and do not let it dry and you`ll have no problems.. let it dry and it gets a bit stuborn.. and i agree with "themightytimmah" ... hit it with #34 if it does dry.34 is my go to for anything giving me trouble..

cant really speak for klasse SG.. i have it, but ive never used it on anything but wheels over some klasse aio... it didnt really give me any trouble.. but then again i only let it dry for a couple minutes.

hope it helps

BigJimZ28
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
I think the OP is asking how to strip SG (totally remove it)

not with help removing residue