PDA

View Full Version : what to do with products you dont use

jDizzle
03-02-2009, 12:50 PM
im 18. and ive been detailing on the side for about 3 years.. this past year ive been getting a lot of bussiness by word of mouth... ive tried a lot of products.. and i have a bunch that i like alot... and i also have some that i know im never going to use again and want to get rid of.... my question is what do you do with products you no longer want? i dont feel right just throwing them away. even though most of them are all otc stuff (thats wat i used back when)... so what do you do with stuff you no longer use?

Spilchy
03-02-2009, 01:11 PM
Give them to friends or family. Or, you might as well use them up on their cars. If you know where you bought some of the OTC stuff (even if you didn`t) you can take them back for store credit and get something else. If that place carries it they should take it back for the credit.

Street5927
03-02-2009, 02:38 PM
For those who have another full time job like me and a company vehicle, I use all my old stuff that I really don`t care for or use anymore to keep it looking good. Granted, mine is a police car, and takes alot of abuse, even the worse of my product collection makes it look pretty darn good, plus I am not wasting my really good products (stuff that I really like and use alot...and the expensive products) on something that is only going to get scraped up in no time.

BigJimZ28
03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
drop them off @ your local Fire Dept.

rwisejr
03-02-2009, 03:50 PM
Use it on the no paying folks , kids ,Friends and other family as it is all good stuff just not what use alot anymore

IBStoney1
03-02-2009, 03:57 PM
I donate my excess products to the local high school auto shop. :bigups :bigups

jDizzle
03-02-2009, 04:38 PM
thanks for all the ideas everyone...on my non paying customers, like family, and some friends.. i normally use 3m performance finish, or mothers syn wax.. both fairly cheap, and last a while.. ill probably end up donating them to my local fire dept, i would never have thought of that. thanks everyone.. And thanks bigjimz28, you always seem to have a good answer for watever i ask on here.

BigAl3
03-02-2009, 04:39 PM
i give them to my neighbor...