PDA

View Full Version : How to strip collnite 476

Krisek
03-01-2009, 10:57 AM
Hey Guys,

Any good way`s to Strip collnite 476 ( Car can`t be Polished because of the paint thickness )

Soon I`m getting my Fuzion Wax ... And I need to prep surface a bit ...

or maybe its ok to use glaze like White Diamond over Coolnite and then .. Fuzion ?

budman3
03-01-2009, 11:19 AM
You can use a strong wash mixture, clay, a non-abrasive paint cleaner (Klasse AIO, Poorboy`s ProPolish, etc) or all of the above.

How long has the 476 been on the paint? Are there any bonded contaminants which would warrant a clay job? If so, strip it completely and have `fresh` paint for the Fuzion.

steelwind101
03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Hello

The PB`s glaze you have contains cleaners, however i would say they cleaning action isnt enough to really clean the paintwork and pours to bring up a shine and allow for good bonding.

If you dont have a polish go to Walmart and pick up the Meguiars Step 1 Deep Crystal Paintwork Cleaner or Mothers Step 1 from there 3 step line. They will really clean the paintwork and cost $4.99.

Failing that it probably wouldent hurt to get a little abrasive on the surface after the winter something like ScratchX would clean the paintwork and soften any swirling and wash marring.

Geoff

Accumulator
03-01-2009, 01:25 PM
On cars that can`t stand more abrasion I use paint cleaners like Pinnacle PCL or KAIO, but the OTC products like steelwind101 mentioned are fine too.

I think that approach would clean things up better than trying a solvent (e.g., IPA) approach.

OTOH, I also like the alkaline step of decon systems, which are really just a super-shampoo. Those might be a little harsh though, don`t think I`d try `em on my Jag for instance.