PDA

View Full Version : Concorso or Dodo Juice

Street5927
03-01-2009, 10:40 AM
I am very happy with the results that I get with Pinnacle and Klasse SG combo (especially on black), however, I was thinking about switching it up and trying something different to see if there is much of a difference. So, here are my questions:

Which do you think produces a better, deeper, wetter look? Concorso or Dodo Juice?

Would you also switch up the SG from Klasse to anything else in combo with either of the above, or just apply without a SG?

Thanks for your input.

craigdt
03-01-2009, 12:18 PM
Well I guess maybe you might be a little more specific. Are you talking about the Dodo Supernatural, or another one of their offerings?

They have a number of waxes that are tailored to fit a certain color of car, as well.

Apollo_Auto
03-01-2009, 12:31 PM
The "wetness" and "depth" of the finish all boils down to the polishing job. I love both waxes, as I have all the Dodo`s and Concorso, but the only difference you`re really going to see with the naked eye is in the price and that SW is slightly more durable than Dodo (that`s also subjective to washing habits, climate, this, that and the other). If you`re looking for something durable, go with Collinite, not these.

imported_weekendwarrior
03-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I`ll be honest...to my eye, on a properly prepped car, I can`t see a difference between Supernatural and Souveran (I have both). When my Supernatural is out, I probably won`t replace it...especailly since Autogeek offers the 2 for 1 deals on Souveran. I haven`t used Concorso, so I can`t comment.

steelwind101
03-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Hmm!

Im suprised that you guys say you cannot tell a difference between the waxes. I see alot of people write about how much prep make a difference, and i dont doubt that. But yeah, i see a couple of different products with different characteristics.

Just my 2 cents, i havent used Concorso but Zymol Concours which is in the same price bracket certantly has its own "melting icecube" look. I find on SN can tend to sealant like and often benefits from RMG or similar down first.

Geoff

imported_weekendwarrior
03-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Hmm!

Im suprised that you guys say you cannot tell a difference between the waxes. I see alot of people write about how much prep make a difference, and i dont doubt that. But yeah, i see a couple of different products with different characteristics.

Just my 2 cents, i havent used Concorso but Zymol Concours which is in the same price bracket certantly has its own "melting icecube" look. I find on SN can tend to sealant like and often benefits from RMG or similar down first.

Geoff

So much of this stuff is subjective. I think *most* of the people on this site do such a good job polishing/prepping, that it is extremely hard to see a significant difference between LSPs. I don`t doubt that you see a difference, but for me, I guess my eye isn`t as well trained as yours for spotting the differences.:nixweiss

EDIT - I can obviously tell a difference between a sealant like Zaino and some of these high end waxes, but I don`t notice much of a difference between the high end waxes themselves.

steelwind101
03-01-2009, 12:55 PM
I`ll be honest...to my eye, on a properly prepped car, I can`t see a difference between Supernatural and Souveran (I have both). When my Supernatural is out, I probably won`t replace it...especailly since Autogeek offers the 2 for 1 deals on Souveran. I haven`t used Concorso, so I can`t comment.

The difference is more apparent when you are on a dark car with metalic or pearl finish. Souvean tends to darken paintwork and mute metalic, im not saying it becomes invisiable, it just let "popping". SN does less to darken the paintwork and allows for more pop.

SN will last longer too, it did for me anyway!

I also found SN to have much thinner wetness to it. I feel that WG DGS, Souveran, DP MW and from what i have seen Wolfgang Fuzion all have this PBMA look which seems to be to darken the paintwork to get extra gloss/depth.

Geoff

Junebug
03-01-2009, 02:26 PM
I was using Dodo Diamond White, then Hard Candy on my wife`s white blizzard pearl Highlander. Then I tried Souveran, honestly - I can`t tell the difference in looks, but PS was sure easier on and off. BTW - durabilty doesn`t mean anything to me, I can`t go over 5-6 weeks without doing something, Z2 is next.

Apollo_Auto
03-01-2009, 02:32 PM
I was using Dodo Diamond White, then Hard Candy on my wife`s white blizzard pearl Highlander. Then I tried Souveran, honestly - I can`t tell the difference in looks, but PS was sure easier on and off. BTW - durabilty doesn`t mean anything to me, I can`t go over 5-6 weeks without doing something, Z2 is next.

I`ve not tried Souveran yet, but I`d be willing to bet that one of the Dodo soft waxes would be more to your liking if it`s ease of use you`re looking for.

imported_agentf1
03-01-2009, 02:35 PM
Given the choice between the two Concorso gets my vote.

Street5927
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks for your input, guys. I was talking about the Supernatural. However, it seems that the consensus is that there is really not going to be a huge difference in appearance between the Souveran and the two that I was debating. However, as someone also said it is debatable....but is it worth $200.00 when I am very pleased with the results I am getting right now????

I`ll have to ponder this one for a while before taking the plunge and spending that amount of money.

Apollo_Auto
03-01-2009, 02:50 PM
You have to pay a whole lot for a little extra...

ALAN81
03-01-2009, 04:39 PM
I used both and I would lean towards Concorso

craigdt
03-01-2009, 08:36 PM
Another option is to buy the $30 Supernatural sample. You can get it at AG or Detailed Image

jordanrossbell
03-01-2009, 11:55 PM
The thing that i like about the dodo hard waxes, i have blue velvet, is that it is do dam hard that i cant apply it really thick, so i feel like i use less and get great thin coverage that comes off easily...for me a wax is mostly ease of use, because nothing is worse than polishing to excellent quality and then marring because you cant get a wax like Colli 915 off...haha maybe its just me..but i feel there is such little difference in look that i prefer to judge based on application