PDA

View Full Version : Switching from Zaino, help with choices

jw
02-28-2009, 05:05 PM
I`ve been using Zaino products for the last few years on my black Porsche 911. I`ve been fairly happy with it but think it may be time for a change. I`d even consider going to a carnuba. Here are some options i`m looking at. I`d love your opinions.

Wolfgang Fusion

Wolfgang 3.0

Pinnacle Soveran

P21s 100%

I don`t much about Wolfgang but it looks like a lot of people really like it and with Autogeek BOGO it may be hard to turn down. What kind of instant detailer spray would I use with Wolfgang? Could I use my leftover Zaino Z6 & Z8 or do you use something with carnuba?

Thanks for your input.

Bert
02-28-2009, 05:59 PM
I`ve been using Zaino products for the last few years on my black Porsche 911. I`ve been fairly happy with it but think it may be time for a change. I`d even consider going to a carnuba. Here are some options i`m looking at. I`d love your opinions.

Wolfgang Fusion

Wolfgang 3.0

Pinnacle Soveran

P21s 100%

I don`t much about Wolfgang but it looks like a lot of people really like it and with Autogeek BOGO it may be hard to turn down. What kind of instant detailer spray would I use with Wolfgang? Could I use my leftover Zaino Z6 & Z8 or do you use something with carnuba?

Thanks for your input.

Wolfgang 3.0 I believe is a sealant (a very good one at that). The other three are carnuaba`s and very good ones. As far as your Z-6 and Z-8, they should be fine on your carnauba choice.

steelwind101
02-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Hello

If your still looking for long lasting looks and protection the WG Sealant 3.0 is the way to go. Easy on and easy off, looks warmer then Zaino IMO.

Your Z6 and Z8 are easily used with any other product.

As for the Nuba choice, PS is good, i havent tried the 100% but i suspect might be short on durability. That might not be a problem for you (I enjoy waxing!) but if it is you easily OptiSeal over them.

superchargedg
02-28-2009, 06:04 PM
Ultimate Paint Guard Plus.

Danspeed1
02-28-2009, 06:05 PM
In the spring i will be buying a can of pinnacle and will be giving it a try for comparison..... but

I have had Stellar results with P21s, and i am a recovering Zaino addict. I Zaino my home.

DG

wfedwar
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
I went from Zaino to Werkstat. Both are good products, but I prefer the look of Werkstat. If it`s solid black vs. metallic, I`d personally go with Werkstat Prime Carnauba, Collinite 915, and top with Werkstat Carnauba Glos. Those are my picks from my collection.

Bostonsfavson
02-28-2009, 06:10 PM
PS is amazing. It`s worth the price (IMO), especially picked up in BOGO sale. The durability isn`t that great, but it goes on and off so easy and looks so great that relatively frequent applications are a pleasure rather than a chore.

jw
02-28-2009, 10:08 PM
How is the Wolfgang Fusion? I`m surprised nobody has picked that. I thought a lot of people liked that? If I go the Souveran route, do most people use that as a topper or just the Souveran itself?

termigator
02-28-2009, 10:58 PM
Out of the list you have, I`ve used/am using Pinnacle Souveran on my red Prelude. It simply looks stunning. My car is garaged and I wax every month, so I couldn`t tell you anything about it`s durability.

It wasn`t on your list, but I`ve also used Meguiar`s #26 and IMHO it`s every bit as good as Souveran in the looks department and it costs a lot less. I also heard it`s more durable. It`s not nearly as easy to take off though, but that`s the only flaw I`ve found.

termigator
02-28-2009, 11:02 PM
How is the Wolfgang Fusion? I`m surprised nobody has picked that. I thought a lot of people liked that? If I go the Souveran route, do most people use that as a topper or just the Souveran itself?

I just got Fuzion from AG`s BOGO and I haven`t gotten around to trying it yet. I used Souveran on top of NXT 1.0 (trying to use it up before I get some #21). I also glazed my car with 3M Hand Glaze before using NXT.

lexusgs
03-01-2009, 01:02 AM
I have used several sealants and none have really given me the look and durability of Zaino, Jeff Werkstatt I would say is the closest and certain Werkstatt products may have a nicer look. Taking off the coats of JW AG (Acrylic Gloss) is kind of a pain though takes some trial and error but less is always the best. As far as durability and protection I doubt you can do any better then Zaino or Jeff Werkstatt, sealant wise. The only reason I could think of to switch sealants from Zaino is just wanting something less expensive and available at over the counter stores and not caring as much about durability and protection. As far as simplicity which may be another reason as there are a ton of Zaino products and processes I have found you don`t need all those different Zaino products piled on your car and I just use AIO and 2 or 3 coats of Z2 and it looks great and lasts a long time, occasionally I might add some Z8 after a washing for a little more gloss/protection.

To get a wetter look a carnuba is the way to go. Colonite 476S seems to offer the best of both worlds with offering as good if not better durabilty and protection as Zaino and other sealants and it has a nice fairly wet look to it and best of all it is simple to use and inexpensive. Natty`s Blue looks a little wetter but does not last long at all and I doubt provides much protection while its on. Both Colonite and Natty`s Blue are pretty inexpensive and much less then the Zaino process and easier to apply.

If I were you I would stick with the Zaino as a base sealant and then top it with whatever Carnuba you like to get a wetter look. I have not tried Souvran but heard it is great on darker cars but it provides little protection and does not last long and is pretty overpriced compared to some of the Carnubas you can get for much less money like P21 and Natty`s Blue that look almost as good.

Bostonsfavson
03-01-2009, 01:19 PM
If I go the Souveran route, do most people use that as a topper or just the Souveran itself?

I put the PS over Menzerna FMJ. Great combo.

wfedwar
03-01-2009, 02:09 PM
By the way, keep the Z8. It`s phenomenal over anything.

imported_agentf1
03-01-2009, 02:48 PM
I try and have tried just about everything on the market and always seem to end up back with the Zaino. I can honestly say that I have not found anything I like better.

That said, variety is the spice of life so I will continue to try different products.

Try a few different things, if nothing else it will confirm you are using the right thing. Or either that you will find something you like better. Ther eis no wrong answer.