PDA

View Full Version : Spray on Wax?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

DetailnByDustn
02-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Is spray on wax such as mothers reflection spray wax worth using?

Anthony O.
02-27-2009, 09:10 PM
Depends on what you`re looking for in that application?

Gloss, shine, ease of use or durability?

Spray waxes are the rage now because they are super easy to use, provide great looks and reflectivity and many are just as durable as paste waxes.

Some can be used in conjunction with drying and just waxed car, some can be used as clay lubes in conjunction with a clay bar thus claying and waxing in one easy step.

Now we also have spray on polymer sealants which can be just as easy as the spray waxes but they may provide a different looking finish, perhaps darken paint.

Others will tell you that a good ol fashion paste carnauba can`t be beat. Rub it on by hand and remove it by hand.

Anthony

Legacy
02-27-2009, 09:34 PM
So you can clay and wax your paint at the same time by using a liquid wax as your lube?

imported_Jakerooni
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
I use it as a drying agent only. They don;t last for crap and not all that appealing to look at either. But they do sheet the water immediatly and cut a butt load of time off drying.

Lumadar
02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
If you want to try an easy to use, awesome smelling, great looking, water shedding spray wax...try Ultimate Quik Wax.

I was a huge fan of Optimum Car Wax (spray wax), and used it very often, but since I got my hands on the UQW I haven`t reached for my OCW once....

BigJimZ28
02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Duragloss Aqua Wax....AW

DetailnByDustn
02-27-2009, 09:50 PM
If I were wanting to use them as a paint enhancer, plus protectant such as what wax does would spray on wax be the same as far as making the paint shine, beading water, and protecting the clear coat of the vehicle?

Derek173
02-27-2009, 10:05 PM
If I were wanting to use them as a paint enhancer, plus protectant such as what wax does would spray on wax be the same as far as making the paint shine, beading water, and protecting the clear coat of the vehicle?

Yes, they might not last as long but they are so easy to use it makes up for it. I like Optimum and Duragloss Aqua Wax.

jDizzle
02-27-2009, 10:13 PM
duragloss aqua wax is great stuff... durability is good for a spray wax, some say up to a month, ive always applied it over existing wax on my car, so i cant agree or disagree with that. but AW is considered one of the more durable spray waxes.

meguiars ultimate quick wax, i bought about a week ago, and i agree with lumadar.. it smells great (like Hi-C .. fruit punch), and it is extremley easy to use.. its like using the ultimate quick detailer when it comes to application.. very easy.. cant speak for its durability, but its beeding is pretty good.. and is actually has a good darkening effect !!

mothers FX synwax spray is supposed to be almost as good as AW, and is actually a QD at the same time... got this for a friend whos almost as picky as me for christmas and he loves it, so its gotta b good.

theres reviews for spray waxes all over autopia in their reviews section.. check some out.. everything is there, accept for eagle one nano wax spray, thats in the plain car wax section for some odd reason.

hope it helps :-)

DetailnByDustn
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
O Okay thanks for all the input! I`ll try some of your ideas out on my vehicle. Thanks again! Detailing By Dustin

Suki22
02-27-2009, 10:26 PM
Duragloss Aqua Wax....AW

+1 ^^^^^^ love that stuff!!!!!!!!

jDizzle
02-27-2009, 10:33 PM
btw. most companies tell you that their spray waxes are not a replacement for a real wax, just a topper upper.. something to bring back the slickness and just waxed look... but if you do it once a week, or every other week with a durable spray wax, it should be fine. i personally like applying a liquid or paste wax first.. and then applying a spray wax each time i wash my car... beware of spray waxes with abrasives or anything that claims to get rid of swirls.. like stoner speed bead if memory serves me right.. they kind of thing will remove any wax you had on there before.

BigAl3
02-27-2009, 10:54 PM
DG AW :2thumbs:

Anthony O.
02-27-2009, 11:25 PM
So you can clay and wax your paint at the same time by using a liquid wax as your lube?

Yep. Just as you can No Rinse a car and before wiping off the ONR spray some OCW on the panel and then wipe it dry. It`s a quick "wash n wax".

Likewise you can spray OCW (or just about any spray wax) onto a panel and then clay it. Sounds rather odd but it does work. Now I wouldn`t "sell" that as a wax to a customer but rather use it in a touch up type fashion......say if your recently detailed car got over spray on it on a fender panel, etc.

Anthony

dervdave
02-28-2009, 04:34 AM
If you want to try an easy to use, awesome smelling, great looking, water shedding spray wax...try Ultimate Quik Wax.

I was a huge fan of Optimum Car Wax (spray wax), and used it very often, but since I got my hands on the UQW I haven`t reached for my OCW once....

UQW better than OCW is that v2 ? I`ve not heard before, thats something to live up to.

:)