PDA

View Full Version : Holloween Detail Stories!

joyriide1113
10-12-2005, 09:04 PM
well reading the thread of the ajax powder and the idiot owner, i felt we needed a dedicated thread for the month of october to tell everyone u`re worst sotries of what uve seen, heard, and worked on...

worst ive seen is my neighbor use a sweeping broom to clean his SL65 AMG followed by Pledge Wood Polish on the paint.

dont be shy to tell stories of things u u`reself may have done too.

PapiJ
10-13-2005, 12:03 AM
My ex-girlfriend let her brother do some touch-ups to her car for rock knicks and such . He either wetsanded or buffed right thru the 1/8" at largest touch ups spots trying to knock them down and now there are plenty of burn thrus all over . Many you cant see as a total burn thru , but direct light shows the primer peeking thru the paint .
She doesn`t know exactly what he did , but I imagine he buffed thru them holding the buffer there trying to level the touch ups . Probably with a drill cause he doesn`t own a buffer she said .

Don
10-13-2005, 04:43 AM
...then (Insert DC member`s name here), bound helplessly to the sap-oozing tree the demons had parked his car under, watched as steel wool pads and scouring powders were gathered by the hell-spawn for a satanic washing ritual of his freshly detailed pride and joy. :( :evil:

joyriide1113
10-13-2005, 07:46 AM
many people have brought this up in the past about seeing it done but last night right after i made this thread i went to subway to get a sandwich. on the way back i topped off my gas tank and i saw the most horrendous thing ever. the guy fueling his gas tank on the other side of the station was scrubbing his whole hood with the gas station squeegee literally with two hand on the squeegee and heven his back elbow on the edge putting in tremendous force. i stopped short and awwed in disbelief.

CharlesW
10-13-2005, 12:07 PM
scrubbing his whole hood with the gas station squeegee literally with two hand on the squeegee and heven his back elbow on the edge putting in tremendous force. i stopped short and awwed in disbelief.
If you direct him to a station that has the "bug scrubber" squeegees, he won`t have to bear down so hard to mar the paint. The alcohol mix in the wash solution should keep the surface squeaky clean.

Charles

05SilverTRD
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
I have seen the gas station squeegee trick before. It made my cringe.

I also have seen my Grandpa using laundry soap to wash the car, the powder kind. He thought that it would clean much better than car soap.

Walked by a car wash for charity, and saw the cheerleaders drop their sponge in the dirt and pick it right up and wash with it.

joyriide1113
10-13-2005, 12:42 PM
I have seen the gas station squeegee trick before. It made my cringe.

I also have seen my Grandpa using laundry soap to wash the car, the powder kind. He thought that it would clean much better than car soap.

Walked by a car wash for charity, and saw the cheerleaders drop their sponge in the dirt and pick it right up and wash with it.

ha! ive seen the charity washes before. seen em using beachtowels to dry and letting them try in the sun spread over some bushes.