PDA

View Full Version : Who`s Job? Detailer or Body Shop?

Day Tripper
02-27-2009, 10:01 AM
Hello, I have a black King Ranch Expedition. When I purchased the car, the dealer did not remove the blue tape that is used during shipping, located on the metal strips directly below the windows.

After one crisis or another, and alot of forgetfullness, I still didn`t get around to removing the blue tape completely, and I am surely sorry for neglecting the car now!:bawling:

The strips directly below the windows are orange peeled, flaking, and some areas are clean down to the bare metal. Had I not waited so long to do something about it, I would have taken it back to the dealer. Afterall, I did have to pay a delivery charge, or whatever they call that BS!

Here`s my question: Where do I take my car for help now? Am I destined to end up at the Paint & Body Shop, or should a reputable Detaier Professional be equipped to fix this for me?

I can`t begin to imagine handling this myself...unless, of course, someone alot smarter than me can provide a fool-proof fix.

Your advice most greatly appreciated, and, also, if anyone knows a good detailer in the Savannah, GA area, please let me know!:secret

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_Us5F_YXscQM/SagSCBX9PAI/AAAAAAAAACM/CBfZ4c_V1TM/s144/scan0001.jpg