PDA

View Full Version : detailing starter kit?

CumminsCrazed
02-26-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok guys, ive used a lot of what I consider....good...OTC detailing products but ive been on here for about a year, and I feel im ready to step up to the true professional line of products etc. Don’t get me wrong, the OTC stuff ive used has been awesome to me, but I KNOW I can get better results using a machine and higher quality products. I’m also considering opening my own detailing business if I don’t find a job by the time the winter weather breaks.

So what im asking of you guys, as the professionals, is what products I should get that would sufficient enough for starting my own business? I want to know everything I should get all the way from towels/applicator pads, brushes etc. to machines. I want the vehicles I do to come out like they have JUST rolled out of a paint booth.

Let me know what I should get guys, list EVERYTHING I will need (even if it stuff I already have, I will need more). Also, please put the brands of products/supplies you recommend so that way im not scratching my head trying to choose between 5 diff brands of the same product.

Set me up big league guys! No holding back! Give me the best of the best!

CumminsCrazed
02-27-2009, 07:29 AM
anyone????

CumminsCrazed
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
hmmmm...no one cares to help me out eh?

Ace M3
02-27-2009, 05:15 PM
Flex or Rotary (dont know your level of experience, sounds like you should use a Flex though)

Assortment of pads, LCC pads, LCC wax applicator, Finger polishers

Swissvax Wheel Brush (x2)

Boar`s Hair Brush

Assortment of small synthetic brushes

Menzerna SIP

Menzerna Nano Polish

Menzerna Glaze

Klasse All In One

Klasse Sealant

Collinite 476S

Dodo Supernatural

Stoner`s Invisible Glass

Wheel Wax

Prism Polish Metal Polish

Meg`s All Purpose Cleaner

meg`s Degreaser

Meg`s Gold Class

Meg`s Claybar

Meg`s Advanced Quik Detailer

Meg`s Interior Quik Detailer

303 Aerospace Protectant

Leatherique Rejuvenator / Prestine Clean

Cobra MF Towels...a lot of them, in assorted sizes and thicknesses.

Sorry, its not organized at all. I kind of just listed my collection? Haha. I`ve never used an aggressive compound...so no suggestions on that.

CumminsCrazed
02-28-2009, 10:42 PM
thats cool man....at least its a start for me to go off of

anyone else have anything to add/change etc?