PDA

View Full Version : Rate your current LSP arsenal

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
So, the question is, what is in your current LSP arsenal and how would you rate them on a subjective scale 1-10 on your overall opinion (considering, looks, ease of use, durability and cost).

Here is my CURRENT arsenal and how I rate them.

1. NXT 2.0 - 9/10

1. Collinite 845 (trace left) - 9/10

3. Collinite 476s - 8.5/10

4. D151 (not a pure LSP but I still can be used as one) - 8/10

5. GC Wax - 7.5/10

6. Surf City`s Nano Seal - 7/10

7. Surf City`s Barrier Reef - 7/10

8. Meg`s Cleaner Wax 7/10

8. Poorboy`s EX-P - 6.5/10

9. Poorboy`s Natty`s Blue - 6/10

10. KSG - 5.5/10

Yes, I know that will shock many (especially the bottom two) but I might be able to work out my issues with KSG after discussing it with Accumulator. Nano Seal is growing on me a bit and might come up in score. Poorboys continues to disappoint. I still haven`t tried a PB`s product that I like. 845 was a big shock and I love it. It is basically a tie with NXT.

imported_Ivan Rajic
02-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Yes, I know that will shock many (especially the bottom two) but I might be able to work out my issues with KSG after discussing it with Accumulator. Nano Seal is growing on me a bit and might come up in score. Poorboys continues to disappoint. I still haven`t tried a PB`s product that I like. 845 was a big shock and I love it. It is basically a tie with NXT.

I am shocked haha... KSG is the best for me... then again I seem to be the one person to have never complained about KSG on here...

Here`s my list.

1. KSG - 9.5/10 (just because of the way it needs to be removed, otherwise I love the looks and durability... it`s my #1 LSP unless clients prefer something else or if it`s during maintenance wash & wax sessions)

2. NXT 2.0 - 9/10 (haven`t been able to test durability much, but looks great and is easy to use)

3. Meg`s #21 8/10 (again, no durability testing done but looks pretty good and is fairly easy to use)

4. Meg`s #6 7/10

5. Poorboy`s EX-P - 6/10

5. Poorboy`s Natty`s Blue - 7/10

XRL
02-26-2009, 12:06 PM
I`m stunned, tbh. I`ve had great success with SCG Barrier Reef, I like it much more than NXT as an LSP. SCG Nano seal you have to let cure for 24 hours to get it to really look good or so I`ve read. I`ll have to inventory my stuff and see what all I`ve got, and what i`ve gotten to use.

kei169
02-26-2009, 12:21 PM
Here is my list:

Swissvax Concorso- 9.9/10

Fuzion - 8/10, compare to Concorso

steelwind101
02-26-2009, 12:55 PM
Lusaka Tower this is Green Leader, how do you read?

Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 9/10

Vic Wax Concours 8/10

Japon 8/10

Destiny 9/10

Souveran 8.5/10

Nattys Red 7.5/10

Nattys Orig. 7.0/10

CK Nuba Moose 7.5/10

Megs GC 5.0/10

Megs NXT 6.0/10

FK PW 7.5/10

Just a quick list of a few i have i have that come to mind!

Apollo_Auto
02-26-2009, 01:31 PM
1. 50/50 - 9 (excellent all-around wax)

2. Victoria Concours - 8 (awesome wax if you remove it quickly)

3. Collinite 885 - 7.5 (bit harder to spread than most, a bit weather finicky)

4. Supernatural - 8.5 (spreads very thin, looks awesome but a bit hard to put on the applicator average durability)

5. InstaFinish Premium Wax - 9.5 (easy as pie to spread and remove, great durability 4-5 months)

6. InstaFinish Insta Wax - 6 (spreads easily and comes off even easier, no dusting, not very durable)

7. Liquid Glass - 7.5 (awesome glassy finish, gives great physical protection, but dusts too much :()

8. Dodo Juice Hard Candy - 8 (spreads thin, comes off easily, average durability)

9. Dodo Juice Blue Velvet - 8.5 (spreads easier than the other Dodo hards, comes off easily, average durability)

10. Swissvax Concorso - 9 (great to use, easy on and off, above average durability)

10. Megs NXT - 5 (difficult to spread, powdery, but does a nice job at filling hairline scratches)

11. Sonax Premium Class - 7 (easy to use, gives a great shine but doesn`t last long)

12. Hardcore XXX - 6 (easy to use, doesn`t last long though)

13. Porzelack O Wax - 6 (stinks to high hell, a bit grabby when applying and a bit dusty, but gives a great shine and is very durable)

14. Porzelack Teflon Wax - 6.5 (very easy to apply and remove, shine`s not that great, but very durable)

15. InstaFinish Paint Sealant - 6 (very easy to use, and gives around 4+ months of durability, lacks a little "life" though)

16. Opti Seal - 7 (great stuff, gives a crisp shine, I don`t like the fact that it goes on invisibly)

17. Dodo Juice Rubbish Boy`s - 8 (reminds me of Vitoria Red with a little less durability)

18. PoliSeal - (great stuff, gives a wet look, durability not sure, I don`t like the fact that it goes on invisibly)

19. Formula 1 Carnauba Wax - 9 (now, I know you`re all saying, "WHAT??" to this wax and it`s not one that I`d ever use on a customer`s car, but this is hands down THE easiest wax I`ve EVER used and it`s durability puts all of the above to shame... you can ask Bence, he saw the patchwork wax test on my car when it was raining. The waxes had all been on there for about 3 months. Formula 1 was the only one still beading properly and tightly, despite the car being filthy.)

20. Optimum Spray Wax - 6.5-ish (easy to use, looks nice but I can`t comment on the durability though... the manufacturer says about 4+ months)

21. Red Mist - 6 (great stuff if you`re too lazy to wax your car, or for a topper!)

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 02:46 PM
I am shocked haha... KSG is the best for me... then again I seem to be the one person to have never complained about KSG on here...

Well, when I first used it, I neglected your (good) advice and thought it was IMPOSSIBLE to remove. Then, I followed your instructions and it was much better but still below the others.

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Lusaka Tower this is Green Leader, how do you read?

Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 9/10

Vic Wax Concours 8/10

Japon 8/10

Destiny 9/10

Souveran 8.5/10

Nattys Red 7.5/10

Nattys Orig. 7.0/10

CK Nuba Moose 7.5/10

Megs GC 5.0/10

Megs NXT 6.0/10

FK PW 7.5/10

Just a quick list of a few i have i have that come to mind!

This is a very interesting list for me because I have Wolfgang Sealant 3.0 coming to me right now (very excited). I`ve been told by users of it and NXT 2.0 that they find them very similar (although you don`t).

I`ve also used Victoria`s Red (is that the one you`ve used). I don`t have it now, so I didn`t put it on my list, unfortunately if I did have it, KSG wouldn`t be at the bottom of my list, VC Red would be.

Bert
02-26-2009, 03:41 PM
I`ve also used Victoria`s Red (is that the one you`ve used). I don`t have it now, so I didn`t put it on my list, unfortunately if I did have it, KSG wouldn`t be at the bottom of my list, VC Red would be.

Interesting. I have read so much praise about Victoria Red.

When it comes to detailing products, it is odd how one detailer finds a product to be wonderful, another detailer hates it.

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Interesting. I have read so much praise about Victoria Red.

When it comes to detailing products, it is odd how one detailer finds a product to be wonderful, another detailer hates it.

Two things...

1. I`m a hack, not a detailer! LOL

2. I tried VC Red twice. First time I put it on, let is sit and removed it. That was totally wrong and I got seriously chastised by a VC Rep. It was like taking dry cement of a tile. So, the second time I tried it as per the proper directions and I still thought it stunk! LOL

PorscheGuy997
02-26-2009, 04:16 PM
Victoria Concours Red - 4/10

Gold Class - 5/10

NXT 2.0 - 7/10

M26 - 8/10

M16 - 8/10

Clearkote Carnauba Moose - 8/10

IW845 - 3/10

CG Pete`s 53 - 8.5/10

longdx
02-26-2009, 04:21 PM
@User Name;

How did you move go? I am glad to see you on this forum as well.

1) Collinite 845: 9/10 >easy application and durability.(bar none the best Carnuba for durability)

2) L&S: 7/10 Acrylic based easy to remove and great durability

3) PB EX-P: 8/10 Easy to use and remove

4) Megs Cleaner Wax: 6/10 easy to use but limited durability

5) Finish First: 8/10 acrylic based; easy to use and good long term durability

I am also a hack and not a professional. I am interested in trying the Pinnacle, Wolfgang, and FK lines.:)

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 04:26 PM
@User Name;

How did you move go? I am glad to see you on this forum as well.

Tougher than I ever thought. The weather was horrendous and I had no snow tires for the IS and drove through about 60 miles of blizzard between Syracuse and Watertown. I was driving like 35mph on I-81 North.

We`re settled in now and life is normalizing. Thanks for asking.

imported_User Name
02-26-2009, 04:30 PM
PG,

See you didn`t think much of Victoria Red either. What was it about 845 that you didn`t like? How about CG`s Pete`s 53, what did you like about it?

I`m curious because often I find out from asking real pros (like Porscheguy) how they use a product and I figure out I`m using it totally wrong!!!

PorscheGuy997
02-26-2009, 05:20 PM
Oh, I don`t know... IW845 just didn`t do anything for me. Sure, it beads for a while, but does it add anything to the paint? I could not see a difference between a section that had a coating of IW845 and an unprotected section on a black truck. That being said, I still use it on cars that stay outside 24/7.

CG Pete`s 53 looks fantastic on reds and bright colors. It just gives it this sort of candy look to it.

Let`s not get started on that one wax... It ruined a thread on another forum and I have already stated my opinion.

When selecting a protectant for a customer`s car, I look for longevity and looks. On my cars, I like something that looks absolutely fantastic. Afterall, they`re waxed constantly.

In the end, I have gotten away from protectants and focused more on polishes and pads. That is where I can tell a huge difference before and after.