PDA

View Full Version : Observations on Ultima

Pages : [1] 2

SamIam
02-25-2009, 08:53 AM
Last fall I put 3 layers of Ultima sealant on my car. I have a pearl white Lexus GS300 and have always thought the Ultima gave it a nice glow and at night it seemed to bring out the blue tint to the white. When I got ready for the winter, I went ahead and put 3 layers on my car, waiting overnight to apply each layer. Anyone who has used it will understand how ridiculously easy it is to apply.

Anyways, we`ve had a tough winter, cold, snowy, lots of salt on the roads, and I drive through IN and Illinois on business pretty much every week. I even ran it through the touchless wash a few times when it was really bad and the salt was built up underneath.

Anyways, we got some snow and sleet when I was out shopping on Saturday. I came out to my car and was amazed at how the snow had melted and was beading on my car. I drove off and most of the melted snow just fell off. When I came out of my next stop, I again was greeted my the same crazy beading effect. I went to take a picture and found that the new blackberry my company sent me did not have a camera.

Anyways, just wanted to share my experience. For a winter protection package, the Ultima works extremely well.

dervdave
02-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Yep its good stuff !:xyxthumbs

willtothewong
02-25-2009, 03:58 PM
blah

ultima is so tempting....i need to finish using the waxes i have now though rofl

superchargedg
02-25-2009, 05:13 PM
Yes it is some great stuff as i did the same thing and it is cool as the snow and dirt just comes off so easy.

jsantoro
02-25-2009, 06:03 PM
I too will verify it`s effectiveness to not only increase some additional "pop" to the color but it does leave the surface extremely slippery for a long time. We too have had a rough winter (Cleveland, Ohio) and I`m still getting bea-tding on both of our vehicles. While we`re on the subject, give the interior treatment a shot. I`ve applied about 3 coats to the dash and all internals. It repels dust like crazy and allows just a quick wipe down to completely bring back the shine. The exterior trim shine works great as well but I`ve not used it enough to give it a full recommendation. All in all, its great stuff!!

JSFM35X
02-25-2009, 07:12 PM
Same here, I applied mine in August 08 and did 3 coats 2 in one weekend and another the following. Still beads grwat and nothing sticks to it. Been ONRing in the coldest dog days and still looks great. I was going to see how long it lasted before i re-applied but the car needs some polishing to remove some minor stuff so when the weather gets nicer i will polish and re apply.

dublifecrisis
02-25-2009, 07:33 PM
I too will verify it`s effectiveness to not only increase some additional "pop" to the color but it does leave the surface extremely slippery for a long time. We too have had a rough winter (Cleveland, Ohio) and I`m still getting bea-tding on both of our vehicles. While we`re on the subject, give the interior treatment a shot. I`ve applied about 3 coats to the dash and all internals. It repels dust like crazy and allows just a quick wipe down to completely bring back the shine. The exterior trim shine works great as well but I`ve not used it enough to give it a full recommendation. All in all, its great stuff!!

love the avatar!

now I`m off to go order UPGP.

dervdave
02-26-2009, 02:29 AM
blah

ultima is so tempting....i need to finish using the waxes i have now though rofl

No need to wait, Ultima will go straight over your waxes

WhiteStripes
02-26-2009, 04:17 PM
We`re talking about their UPGP here right? I`ve been meaning to try it out, and what I`m reading here makes me want to pick up a bottle even more. I use their interior slealant, and it is great.

wannafbody
02-26-2009, 07:45 PM
Same here, I applied mine in August 08 and did 3 coats 2 in one weekend and another the following. Still beads grwat and nothing sticks to it. Been ONRing in the coldest dog days and still looks great. I was going to see how long it lasted before i re-applied but the car needs some polishing to remove some minor stuff so when the weather gets nicer i will polish and re apply.

ONR is probably adding to the original Ultima protection. I think most reviews put Ultima durability at around 3 months.

SamIam
02-26-2009, 09:37 PM
ONR is probably adding to the original Ultima protection. I think most reviews put Ultima durability at around 3 months.

My experience has been much better than 3 months.

wannafbody
02-26-2009, 09:45 PM
My experience has been much better than 3 months.

Without QD`s or ONR or QEW? I think the Ultima QD also has polycharger in it to add to the protection. Some reviews claim that the sheeting action falls off fairly fast.

dervdave
02-27-2009, 01:08 AM
Without QD`s or ONR or QEW? I think the Ultima QD also has polycharger in it to add to the protection.

I think Ultima say that UPGP is Polycharger in its purest form.

detaildoc
02-27-2009, 01:19 AM
Love this stuff. Add some Danase Wet Glaze and you get an incredibly wet, reflective, and deep finish. Check out this thread, particularly the pics on page 1 and 7: http://www.autopia.org/forum/click-brag/103558-super-wet.html

JSFM35X
02-27-2009, 07:51 AM

Only started ONRing begining of December and only when it is too cold to wash traditionally. I would not think the ONR is responsible for the beading I am seeing. Not to mention that the finish has stayed clear August -December and that was b4 any ONR washing took place.

What I love most is the after you get used to the deep, crystal clear finish, you keep falling in love everytime you wash the car and nothing sticks! It stays slick and show room mint. I am very impressed and have used other top products Liquid Glass, P21S Concours, Colonite 845 (this is also a top performer in my opinion).

I used the Ultima bc of the WOWA and I did not want to buff my black car. The Ultima is the bomb. I was on the fence originally between trying Zaino and Ultima. After speaking with some Zaino guys there were too many mixiing issues and super multiple coats and long lists of products that I decided to try the Ultima first. I have friends that have switched to Ultima from Zaino after seeing the performance of the Ultima and the ease of use and process.

Love this stuff. I always am up for trying the latest and greatest.