PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever see this tool?

PistolWhip
02-24-2009, 09:13 PM
I was shopping around for some tools on the net and came across an OTC Blast-Vac. It`s basically a hand held pressure washer that uses your air compressor line and garden hose. Here`s a link (http://www.handsontools.com/OTC-6043-Blast-Vac-Multipurpose-Cleaning-Gun_p_5090.html).

For the price it seems like it would be a nice little tool to have for high pressure washing (not to mention I like the thought using it for its actual intended purpose:har: )

I don`t have a pressure washer and don`t really want to spend the bucks for one right now. I do have a 30 gallon 6HP shop compressor though, so this thing looks like it might be right up my alley. Anyone every use it?

Setec Astronomy
02-24-2009, 09:37 PM
I saw the title and thought this might be some leftover reference to a Lambo thread...

PistolWhip
02-24-2009, 10:13 PM
??? Don`t think I saw that thread but I can only imagine....

PistolWhip
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
No thoughts on this??? Any of you think its worth the $68?

dublifecrisis
02-25-2009, 12:29 PM
I saw the title and thought this might be some leftover reference to a Lambo thread...

when i read this the image of the cigar pose popped in my head...LOL

it looks like a decent tool though. Not sure if it`s worth that price but...

Street5927
02-25-2009, 02:52 PM

Would that be a reference to the statue on the shelf???? lol

maxepr1
02-25-2009, 06:53 PM
Pistol, have you ever used a siphon gun? Works the same way, just has a water hose to inject the water. I use these at work, it only has contro; for about a foot. It`s used more for cleaning out tubes, where the stream can directed. Plus you need alot of air or should I say volume of air(constant). I`ve tried it on engines with poor sucess. I don`t think you would be happy with the results. We use HOT water also. More of industrial tool not a poor mans power washer. Hope that helps.

GlossyTundra
02-25-2009, 07:25 PM
You can get a Karcher PW for not much more $$$ than that.

Plus, your air compressor will be running constantly using that tool, creating more stress and heat than needed.

PistolWhip
02-25-2009, 08:01 PM
All good points guys, thanx for the input. I`m gonna pass on it. I don`t want to waste the money just for the sake of trying it and from what you guys are saying, that`s exactly what I`d be doing.

The hunt for "poor mans" tools continues....