PDA

View Full Version : What Next ?

joe.p
10-11-2005, 03:04 PM
To day i finished with WG swirl remover package, my last step WG sealant.

after using the swirl remover and a orange pad i still had swirls left on the paint. my wifes car is next and the paint is silver in colour. should i use a different swirl remover or maybe another pad? , i thought of using something with fillers to help mask the swirls that i cant remove. do you guys have any suggestions?

GregCavi
10-11-2005, 03:37 PM
is it swirls left or hazing? (look like really little swirls.) IF there are still swirls then do another pass at it until you have some luck. If its hazing then use a finer polish or pad or both over the entire car again.

Greg

AZ Ferrari Man
10-11-2005, 03:51 PM
How are you applying the Swirl remover? If by PC you might want to work each section for 5+ minutes in some areas, if using by hand I would reccomend buying a PC. It may just be hazing so hit it firts with some Detail spray and if nothing happens, you should try hitting it again with some Swirl Remover or a more aggresive compound like Optimum Compound and the same oragne pad @ speed 2 to spread and 6 to work in. Also did you caly prior to polishing?

Andrew

joe.p
10-11-2005, 04:18 PM
No I didn`t clay, there`s no hazing at all. i used the pc with an orange pad after cleaning up the paint on my car i noticed a lot of marring and swirls that i didn`t see before. even though i made several pass`es with a pc i don`t beleive i worked the swirl remover for no more than a few minutes.

Hi Greg, were you able to apply a second coat of souveran to the cavi, if so were you happy with it? i used the sealant on the door jams today and they came out real nice. Thanks