Jo Donny
02-22-2009, 05:31 PM
I`m looking for some pictures for a PowerPoint on detailing:

-Some really crazy before and after pictures

-The wettest looking car`s you`ve seen

-Taped off swirl/no swirl shots

-anything else that would be interesting

Also some really short (1 minutes or less) videos could be nice

(sorry if there are a lot of other threads like this, couldn`t find much when I searched)

BigJimZ28
02-22-2009, 06:10 PM
1) what is this for?.... work, school

2.) every thing you could want is here

but make sure to ask the person who posted the pic if you can used it

3.) IMO it would be best to use your pics

Jo Donny
02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
It`s for school, and I know everything is here which is why I`m posting on Autopia

I just haven`t been on in a long time and want some really radical changes/pictures, and I`m not sure where to find them now

I want stuff that will "pop" and wow everybody

BigJimZ28
02-22-2009, 06:58 PM
look in the "click and brag"

imported_JoshVette
02-22-2009, 07:05 PM
I doubt you`re going to get many volunteering there work for you to do whatever with....

Also I would not rip pics off autopia without the detailers/owners permission.

Josh

Garry Dean
02-22-2009, 07:46 PM
You are a member of a detailing forum. Why dont you just detail some cars and take some pics of your own?

redfarsi
02-22-2009, 08:15 PM
youre asking us to do work for you. This forum definitely has what you need. Just look around. Although I would like to see some pics of some really wet cars cause im too lazy to check each thread.

Jo Donny
02-22-2009, 08:37 PM
haha, oh man...

maybe I was wrong about Autopia

I am 15 hours away from my detailing equipment and cannot do it myself, nor do I have a seriously thrashed up car to do drastic detailing on

everyone`s all uptight about sharing some quality pictures to help out a college student who doesn`t have a lot of time on his hands to continue looking for good shots

it`s not like I`m taking people`s photos and selling them/claiming them as my own...it`s for a basic speech class

if people don`t want their photos being shared then why post them in high resolution on a forum viewed by thousands of people?

baseballlover1
02-22-2009, 09:30 PM
I dont think people are uptight about it, I think they just dont want to do your project for you.

There are some great detailers here who have great 50/50`s. Just ask them politely if you can use pics for a SCHOOL PROJECT and nothing more.

Todd Helme comes to mind, just make sure you ask him first and also site him ON THE PICTURE or around it. You can get kicked out of college for plagiarism... remember that.

That said, you can look through my past threads (the ferrari stands out in my mind) and if you would like to use a pic or two that would be fine with me... assuming you site me and my business on or near the pic.

,Dan

BigJimZ28
02-22-2009, 09:31 PM
so in the past 12 day(you know since the last time you ask for help with your speech)

you could not find any pics on there you could use

Jo Donny
02-22-2009, 10:03 PM
Ok...if you don`t want to help someone out (I thought that`s what forums were good for) there`s no need to flame

never in my posts did I ever say that I haven`t already spent a good amount of time looking for pictures...yes, this is Autopia there are GOOD pictures everywhere...but I need DRASTIC photos that can be seen very clearly on a mediocre educational projector

and since I have not been on this forum in over a year, I thought some of the guys that spend 5 hours out of their lives on here a day might be able to direct me to some threads that stick out in their minds as the best of the best

is this really too much?

dmw2692004
02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Ok...if you don`t want to help someone out (I thought that`s what forums were good for) there`s no need to flame

never in my posts did I ever say that I haven`t already spent a good amount of time looking for pictures...yes, this is Autopia there are GOOD pictures everywhere...but I need DRASTIC photos that can be seen very clearly on a mediocre educational projector

and since I have not been on this forum in over a year, I thought some of the guys that spend 5 hours out of their lives on here a day might be able to direct me to some threads that stick out in their minds as the best of the best

is this really too much?

why dont you just search in the click and brag, its really a treat to read thorugh some of the threads sometimes, and you might be able to find a couple great before-after and 50/50 shots. Like everynone else has said though, make sure you talk to the owners/detailers who took the pictures and get permissions.

Setec Astronomy
02-22-2009, 10:08 PM
Here`s a dramatic one from another forum: Pictures from February 21st, 2009 - Saturday Open Class! - Car Care Forums: Meguiar`s Online (http://meguiarsonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30686)

calhoun1
02-22-2009, 10:10 PM
No one has flamed you.

Only thing people have said is do you own work. There are hundreds of threads in click&brag and Professional detailing...

All you have to do is a search, look through a few threads, pick a few pictures you love and request from the owner of that picture to use it for your project.

If someone else gives you pictures, they have done that work for you. As a college student, you must learn time management. If you don`t have time to do your own work, maybe you are spending too much time doing other things.

To put it plainly, do your own project. It takes a bit more time than having someone give it to you, but that is how it works.

Good luck.

Domas
02-22-2009, 10:13 PM
I`m looking for some pictures for a PowerPoint on detailing:

-Some really crazy before and after pictures

-The wettest looking car`s you`ve seen

-Taped off swirl/no swirl shots

-anything else that would be interesting

Also some really short (1 minutes or less) videos could be nice

(sorry if there are a lot of other threads like this, couldn`t find much when I searched)

This detail looks one of the most amazing I`ve ever seen:

Jaguar XKR detail (http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=56439)