PDA

View Full Version : Ajax Powder as Car Wash!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

AZ Ferrari Man
10-11-2005, 01:19 PM
:ohmy: Unreal what people do to their cars, this morning driving to class I saw this guy who was putting Ajax powder (you know the gritty abrasive bleach powder) into a bucket to wash his CAR!!!! I cringed and stopped a little bit down the street to see what he was going to do, it was a newer BMW 325ci and he put a green and yellow ScotchBrite sponge into the bucket also! He then scrubbed the wheels wells, thankgod I thought, then he put the green side and a huge scoop of water onto the hood and started rubbing it like it was the holy grail and he was trying to read it! I couldn`t watch anymore! I feel it is my duty and all of ours to help the less fortunatley informed, so on my way home from class today I will drop off a card and help him out! Chime in with any other horror stories:)

Andrew

crobinso
10-11-2005, 01:32 PM
I saw this guy who was putting Ajax powder (you know the gritty abrasive bleach powder) into a bucket to wash his CAR!!!! I cringed

And when I saw your thread title, I literally shuddered! :eek: I imagined the stuff being (I can barely put this into print) dusted onto my car`s beautiful red paint. Ughhhhhhhh

Charles

Waxxy
10-11-2005, 02:14 PM
Oh my gawd! I can`t believe it!!!!

norahcrv
10-11-2005, 02:17 PM
And when I saw your thread title, I literally shuddered! :eek: I imagined the stuff being (I can barely put this into print) dusted onto my car`s beautiful red paint. Ughhhhhhhh

Charles

Not that the process he described is much better!!! :ohmy: :(
:goodluck: if he does call you, Andrew!!

GregCavi
10-11-2005, 03:39 PM
ouch is all I can say! I would hate to do the car after that but He does need to learn the proper way to wash.

Greg

PhaRO
10-11-2005, 04:15 PM
An old neighbor had a white Civic. Only a couple year old but she made a very long trip and returned with hundreds of bugs on the car. I came home one day to see her cleaning and noticed the bugs were gone. Curious I approached and couldn`t believe what she did. Mr Clean and a green scratch pad. Dozens of patches of scratches were all over the hood and the front bumper lost most it`s gloss.

rabbi
10-11-2005, 10:52 PM
What was the BMW owner doing wrong? :confused:

Beemerboy
10-12-2005, 09:53 AM
An old neighbor had a white Civic. Only a couple year old but she made a very long trip and returned with hundreds of bugs on the car. I came home one day to see her cleaning and noticed the bugs were gone. Curious I approached and couldn`t believe what she did. Mr Clean and a green scratch pad. Dozens of patches of scratches were all over the hood and the front bumper lost most it`s gloss.

I did a Honda SUV that was cleaned with one of those green pads.....She was beside herself over what the car looked like after the rince.....I loved working on the car because I knew the finish would buff right out.....looked just like a wet sanding job....I blew her away the finish once I got done....

Back on the thread theme I see neighbors using dish soap, any old rag to wash their cars and then the ole drive around the block dry......I wonder what they are saying about me be hide closed doors :rolleyes:

LikeaRock
10-12-2005, 07:44 PM
......I wonder what they are saying about me be hide closed doors :rolleyes:
"I need to give that guy a call, the Benz needs a spit shining before we go wine tasting"

Ok Ok...Crummy joke...

Anyway, I`ve seen some bad stuff. I`ve watched my neighbor hold a 2100 PSI pressure washer less than a foot from his 325i, I`ve seen his wife scrub her van with a Scotch Brite pad, and the worst one was watching my neighbor clean his SL500 with Castrol Super Clean...straight Super Clean... when he first brought it home... :huh:

Brenton
10-12-2005, 07:53 PM
I did a Honda SUV that was cleaned with one of those green pads.....

Hey, that`s a great way to make money. Convince people to wash their cars like than and blow them away!

I`ve had to take off some bad waxes, but nothing serious. One guy painted his car outside in the wind....

ShineProDetails
10-12-2005, 10:06 PM
Everyone in my neighborhood has proper car wash edicate....after being schooled by me :angel_not

SITopShine
10-25-2005, 01:16 PM
I had a custmer call me and said his grandkids for fathers day wash his car .i though that was nice but they washed it with brillo i couldn`t beleive it i thought it was a friend playing anyway he came and car on the left side was messed up so i wet sanded with 3000 grit and did my thing u cant even tell what they did but one spot on the fender any way i got a 150 tip and he been a custmer 4 2 years now.

0hstillclean
10-29-2005, 11:36 AM
i have two stories to make you sick. 1- i had my nieghbor ask me for a detail seeing as his son used a brillo pad to wash his wifes car. ouch! is all i can say , it was beyond bad, smooth but bad.
2- this isnt so bad but my buddy used to wash his car with little home made wash. it was 1 part tide 1 part dawn and 1 part windex! yes windex dont ask me where or why people make these devastating cocktails of car wash horror.

Bill D
10-29-2005, 11:41 AM
This is a good thread for Halloween right around the corner! :eek:

tubafeak
10-29-2005, 03:03 PM
I was at the annual Arthitis Foundation Concours and I was walking around an area that had a bunch of old Jaguars. They all looked pretty nice, a couple of swirls here and there but good for the most part. Then I came upon a bunch of owners standing around, the one guy was wiping his all-original factory Lightweight E-Type down with industrial windex. I had a 4 oz spritzer bottle of #34 in my pocket that I handed right to him, along with a card. I haven`t heard back from him but I hope he figured out what he was doing to his car and fixed his ways.