PDA

View Full Version : NXT 2.0: Wax or Sealant?

shadow85
02-19-2009, 09:16 PM
I am confused. NXT 2.0 is synthetic. So is it more of a wax or more a sealant?

Setec Astronomy
02-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes.

It`s a sealant...but Megiuar`s generically refers to their OTC LSP`s as waxes.

REVNU
02-20-2009, 02:03 AM
Like Setec Astronomy says. It`s a sealant. Your Average Joe goes to the local auto parts to buy "wax" not sealant, most don`t even know what a sealant is. They call it a "wax" for marketing purposes.

wannafbody
02-20-2009, 07:26 AM
It`s a synthetic wax with polymers added in it.

shadow85
02-20-2009, 08:03 AM
Ok, sealants have bonding issues over waxes. So I can not put nxt over collinite?

Setec Astronomy
02-20-2009, 08:42 AM
NXT has some mild cleaners in it which will remove some LSP`s...I don`t think it would be a good topper for Collinite. Why don`t you try a beauty wax on top? That`s usually the way you use a topper...the base for durability and the topper for looks.

Accumulator
02-20-2009, 12:37 PM
I`ve achieved a minor improvement in looks by spit-shining Souveran over Collinite, but *generally* speaking IME Collinite:

a) has a look that you either like or don`t, and if the latter you oughta just use something else.. and, more importantly

b) Collinite seems especially sensitive to prep; I thought it was muting the flake on the GMC but after repolishing with a different finishing polish the flake was nice and impressive with 476S.

Somehow I don`t see NXT improving the look of Collinite, even if it *does* bond OK.

No idea if it *will* bond, but note that Meguiar`s LSPs can be used over their Pure Polishes, which can cause bonding issues with some LSPs that are sensitive in that regard.

steelwind101
02-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Worth noting there are a newer sealants on the market that can go over Nuba waxes, so that old saying about "sealants over waxes" only really applies to the older generation stuff.