PDA

View Full Version : Leather water damage

atotten
02-19-2009, 06:34 PM
Hello,

I have a water mark on my leather inner door panel. There was a leak that caused this damage, the leak has been repaired but this mark is a bit of an eyesore. It`s a slightly raised ridge that`s midly discolored. Any suggestions on how to repiar or at least minimize this? I circled the mark in red below.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/atotten/doorwatermark.jpg

atotten
02-20-2009, 05:41 PM
Anyone????

AppliedColors
02-22-2009, 12:25 AM
Call your BMW dealership and ask for the number of their leather repair tech. He`ll come to you and fix that for $125.

atotten
02-23-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks. Aside from calling someone in, can anyone out there recommend some DIY stuff? I have the panel off now and had a chance to clean it good with Lexol. Most of the discoloration is gone now but the ridge is still there.

judyb
02-23-2009, 12:55 PM
The ridge means that the leather has swollen and the fibres have become damaged due to over wetting. This distortion will be very tricky to fix as it is the leather itself that is damaged. I would not try any DIY products on this, recolouring may help to take the eye off the damage.

Quality Leather
02-24-2009, 09:14 AM
Are you sure that part is leather?

If you want to try it, then use a heat gun to heat the area. Go easy. Press down on the area with something flat while it is still hot. Actually, start with a blow dryer. That won`t do any damage to leather. If it doesn`t do anything, then move to thhe heat gun.