PDA

View Full Version : Got my DWG today...

Danspeed1
02-18-2009, 12:07 PM
Finally got my Danase Wet Glaze today. Took like 2 years, but I finally had a reason to make a decent purchase and ordered it along with the other stuff i bought.

I do have a few questions however; as I am not sure what approach I want to take with this stuff. On my car I am using it as yet another topper, but I have another car I will be detailing soon, and I was thinking of going in a different direction with it.

1. This can be used under or over a sealer, but how does it effect the durability of the sealer if it is used under?

2. I used ZCS last year, and was not impressed with its ability to resist dust, or rather I noticed it loved to attract dust and dirt, and when it did it wasn`t easily washed off. But I am thinking of revisiting this product (because I paid $30 for it). Question: This has been on my mind for quite sometime. What is the purpose of a Z2, and Z5 pro (with the exception of the minor swirl hiding ability) when you have ZCS that you can just wipe on, and walk away from. I feel better about myself when I use Z2 and Z5 because It feels more "traditional" and it does do a little hiding, but, I really never understood why it didn`t vanish from most arsenals with this "do it all in half the time" product.

That`s been bothering me for sometime, hopefully some one can answer it.

The plan is compound/polish --> DWG --> ZCS

In any event I am just looking forward to giving this stuff a try after waiting so long to buy it.

DG

TObleRONE
02-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Congratulations! :goodjob DWG is one of my favorite products. Let me be the first to share a couple of things I`ve learned about working with DWG:

After prepping your paint (Clay, polish, AIO) I apply 2 coats of sealant (right now KSG, hopefully I`ll be buying Ultima this spring). Next I apply 2 coats of KSG. Then I top the KSG with 2 more coats of sealant. My paint has maintained a "wet look" since I detailed it last October.

When I apply DWG, I apply 3 - inch long strips on a LC Black pad. This amount cover approximately 1/3 of my car (2003 Honda Accord coupe). As with most of these products, a little goes a long way. It applies so thin that it looks invisible, but believe me it works!

TObleRONE
02-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Whoops! I`m not sure of how to work with DWG + Zaino. But definitely take note of my "little goes a long way" application tip.

Danspeed1
02-18-2009, 03:46 PM
Its snowing today, and I just couldn`t wait to try this stuff. So I busted out the DWG and went to work an my smaller scale Impala SS Model. This stuff is crazy! I am already glad I bought it. I can`t wait to see how it looks on a car.

DG