PDA

View Full Version : Love Bugs vs Patrol Car

Pages : [1] 2

BLUELINE 1
10-10-2005, 01:44 PM
While I was down assisting law enforcement in Mississppi with the hurricane relief, I got a photo of this patrol car that was covered with love bugs. These bugs that they call love bugs were all over the place. Looks like it is going to take a lot of bug removal. How would like to have that detail job?

BLUELINE 1
10-10-2005, 01:46 PM
well I can`t get the photo to take.

holland_patrick
10-10-2005, 02:05 PM
:eek:

Well What are you goign to do I know most police cars are never taken care of right so i`m guessing some

Bug suash from poorboys( undiluted)
wash with car soap (use a Bug sponge for those really stuck on suckers)
Meg 66 Via rotary (or any one steper)
APC the int ( front)
Hose out the back
dress the tires and have fun with the light and siren

2-3 hours

Don
10-11-2005, 04:40 AM
I`d start with a pressure washer & WD-40. Spray the bug encrusted areas of the car liberally w/WD-40, let it soak for several minutes, then blast it with the pressure washer.

BLUELINE 1
02-09-2006, 05:51 PM
It`s been awhile since I started this thread, but now I got the pic to come up. I wasn`t going to detail this car I just got a photo of it because I don`t think I have ever seen so many bugs on one car.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/blueline123/230ef521.jpg

GregCavi
02-09-2006, 05:52 PM
Haha, if you did have to detail that then probably bug squash straight with some apc added might do the trick. I know a pressure washer would be used haha.

Greg

JaredPointer
02-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Is that an Alabama State Trooper Car? It sure does look like it. I have a lot of friends in law enforcement. Maybe I should pass the word on that they need to was those cruisers every now and again... :)

Tex Star Detail
02-09-2006, 05:59 PM
My car looked like that coming back from Houston....... :stuart:

A little simple green and a scotch brite pad fixed it nice....
JK.....LOL

HOLY CRAP....100 posts...ok...the feeling just went away...........

BLUELINE 1
02-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Yes Jaredpointer it was an Alabama Trooper. Maybe you can pick up some work. LOL

joe.p
02-09-2006, 06:39 PM
It`s been awhile since I started this thread, but now I got the pic to come up. I wasn`t going to detail this car I just got a photo of it because I don`t think I have ever seen so many bugs on one car.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/blueline123/230ef521.jpg
Besides the love bugs the car looks to be taken care of,theres a nice shine to the panels & hood.

TrueDetailer
02-09-2006, 10:25 PM
LOL, thats nothing. thats alot of bugs but I`ve seen far worse. Luv bugs are a pain here in florida. I`ve found the best thing to do is to just use a bug sponge and soap and water. no matter how much apc you put on them its not going to remove the guts.

C. Charles Hahn
02-10-2006, 12:38 AM
Besides the love bugs the car looks to be taken care of,theres a nice shine to the panels & hood.

Nah, I`d bet that`s a (close to) brand new cruiser; the paint hasn`t had time to lose its "factory fresh" shine.... :stuart:

JaredPointer
02-10-2006, 08:32 AM

Shiny Lil Detailer is right, there are a lot of brand new (less than a year old) cruisers here. Give it year or so, and it will look pretty "ripe."

I worked for a county sheriff`s department (in the jail) for a while after high school and part of my college time, and we used to make the inmates (or convicts, depending on the individual`s preference of salutation) clean a lot of the cruisers (among other jobs). I wouldn`t be completely surprised if that is the case with some of the work release/"trustee" inmates in the state DOC (another place I worked during college).

BLUELINE 1
02-10-2006, 08:56 AM
The inmates do the same here in Augusta,Georgia. That`s one reason the goverment vehicle`s look so bad after a peroid of time. I`ve seen them use acid wheel cleaner for just about everything on a vehicle from the wheels to removing bugs,tar,etc. from the paint. Just spray it on the paint and wipe away. Do you really think the inmates give darn what happens to a police officer`s car. But I must say Troopers do keep there vehicles cleaner than the local police departments.

onemeanmachine
02-10-2006, 10:18 AM
Yeah those love bugs are fierce here in FL. On the one hand they`re an absolute PITA to clean off all the time and I literally have to wash my truck daily during season (thank god for S&W!), but on the other hand they give me a lot more work in my area! It`s not uncommon to see cars like that trooper during the two love bug seasons we have here, but I do agree that it seems like troopers take far better care of their cars in general than county cops.