PDA

View Full Version : Optimum polishes - exclusive use?

imported_Detailing Technology
02-16-2009, 03:30 PM
Does anyone exclusively use Optimum polishes for paint?

I used the old formulas until I finished the 32oz bottles, then jumped on the Menzerna bandwagon.

No regrets in either, just interested in the percentage of full-time users of Optimum vs. Menzerna.

wannafbody
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Optimum polishes are fine but they don`t have ceramiclear polishes. That`s where Menzerna shines.

Imatk
02-16-2009, 04:09 PM
So far I basically use Optimum.

I have FPII but find it drys out much faster than the OP so I very rarely use it.

Scottwax
02-16-2009, 06:26 PM
Optimum polishes are fine but they don`t have ceramiclear polishes. That`s where Menzerna shines.

While not having a line of polishes specifically dialed in for CeramiClear, Optimum products work fine; however, the older versions didn`t have enough cut to take care of heavy defects. I`ve only tried the new Optimum Polish and it seems to work very nicely on Mercedes Ceramiclear. I haven`t tried the new compound or finishing polish so I don`t know if either is equal to or better than the Menzerna equivalent.

=============

I find that I need to have a variety of polishes on hand. Every car`s finish is different and what works on one BMW 335 might not work on the next one I do. Sometimes I have several pads and polishes stacked up next to a car trying to see which combo works best. I`m not completely sure you can have just one company`s polishes on hand if you work on a lot of different cars.

Chris@Optimum
02-16-2009, 08:10 PM
What he said ^^^^

Garry Dean
02-16-2009, 08:56 PM
While not having a line of polishes specifically dialed in for CeramiClear, Optimum products work fine; however, the older versions didn`t have enough cut to take care of heavy defects. I`ve only tried the new Optimum Polish and it seems to work very nicely on Mercedes Ceramiclear. I haven`t tried the new compound or finishing polish so I don`t know if either is equal to or better than the Menzerna equivalent.

=============

I find that I need to have a variety of polishes on hand. Every car`s finish is different and what works on one BMW 335 might not work on the next one I do. Sometimes I have several pads and polishes stacked up next to a car trying to see which combo works best. I`m not completely sure you can have just one company`s polishes on hand if you work on a lot of different cars.

I couldn`t have said it better. All cars and their paint are different, unless they came off the exact same line and was sprayed with the exact same batch of paint/clear on the exact same day.