PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Klima-Cleaner Air Conditioner Treatment

Pages : [1] 2

o0M3NTAL0o
02-15-2009, 11:56 PM
Tonight, I used my new can of Klima-Cleaner.

The directions are very clear on how to use the product - and I followed them exactly.

When I first started spraying, I used the can until the pressure started to drop a little.. I turned the can upside down to get a little more product/pressure, then it seemed to turn into another product all together, it began to foam! Nowhere in the instructions does it say to invert can for foaming action.

Anyways, at this point, some of the product started to drip from under my dash. Enough so to saturate my floor mats.

I put down some towels and let it sit for the required time. I then turned on my blower - and I was in for a rain storm! It blew quite a bit of it right out of the vents and all over, it began to pour from under the dash at this point.

I have some towels sitting in there over night and pulled the floor mats. It should all be dried up tomorrow, but I was not expecting it to be quite so liquid.

Overall, I don`t think I will EVER use this product again. I am afraid that I could/have damaged any under dash electric or foam/rubber parts in the system.

Anyone else have experience with the product? It has good reviews on DD.

eyezack87
02-16-2009, 12:38 AM
I`ve used it with great success in my car and my gf`s car. You aren`t supposed to invert it. If you knew how a paint spray can works it would make sense ;)

I always use the center vents in my car, the one on the dash. Works perfectly through there. I believe you did something wrong on your car though

Alfisti
02-16-2009, 09:55 AM
I`ve used it with great success in my car and my gf`s car. You aren`t supposed to invert it. If you knew how a paint spray can works it would make sense ;)

I always use the center vents in my car, the one on the dash. Works perfectly through there. I believe you did something wrong on your car though

This product sounds fascinating...can you expand on its use and function.

If it`s an 1Z product, then it works!

eyezack87
02-16-2009, 12:46 PM
This product sounds fascinating...can you expand on its use and function.

If it`s an 1Z product, then it works!

It shoots product into your air ducts, for me it was where my cabin filter is since I have one in that area. Supposedly it kills off all the germs/mold in there that cause the moldy pee smell in cars or whatever the smell in your ducts are. After setting for 20(?)minutes, you turn on the AC and recycle air for a couple minutes to help the rest dry. After its all said and done, its a lemony/alcohol smell for a day and then it goes lemony for about 3 months. After 3 months, the air that comes out is very neutral, no smell at all :)

I like it because it does what it says perfectly :up

E300Diesel
02-16-2009, 01:33 PM
From what I understand you are supposed to spray it into the center-most vent to saturate the evaporator core (source of bacteria and odor, etc..). The product foams and works it`s magic. Let it sit for 30 minutes or so, then fire up the car and the AC system to circulate air to dry out the evaporator. Any product is to drain off through the drain that leads water away from the evaporator, so you shouldn`t have any product leaking into the car.

This is all from other posts and instructions on the bottle, haven`t tried it myself yet. But I do have a can to try out when I get a chance.

I received my Gummi Pfledge and popped the cap, and it smells like lemon :drool: I hope that the Klima is the same

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
02-16-2009, 02:03 PM
I`ve used this product on at least 2 dozen cars and have never had the experience you explained... But then again I never inverted the can...

It`s always sound to follow the mfg instructions.....

E300Diesel
02-16-2009, 02:13 PM
It`s always sound to follow the mfg instructions.....

:werd: ++1

Mobilejay
02-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I used it and I had no problem with it. It worked great. VERY strong smell the first day or two but calms down after that and works like it says. The car was a smokers car and you can`t tell the car was ever smoked in. Like I said the first couple of days was strong smell. I had to have the windows down if I drove it. Its been a month and a half and its still working the a/c system cause you can smell a hint of lemon when the a/c is turned on. Great product.

BigJimZ28
02-16-2009, 03:17 PM
The directions are very clear on how to use the product - and I followed them exactly.

Nowhere in the instructions does it say to invert can

:nervous2::LOLOL

o0M3NTAL0o
02-16-2009, 03:31 PM
Yes, laugh it up.

It DID NOT foam until it was inverted, it was spraying nothing but liquid when upright at first. I only inverted the can for 1 button press, then returned it upright where it continued to spray foam. The foam came out the other vents. Possibly my particular car does not allow the foam into the core?

E300Diesel
02-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Yes, laugh it up.

It DID NOT foam until it was inverted, it was spraying nothing but liquid when upright at first. I only inverted the can for 1 button press, then returned it upright where it continued to spray foam. The foam came out the other vents. Possibly my particular car does not allow the foam into the core?

What car? Did you spray into the center vent?

2StepsAhead
02-16-2009, 04:14 PM
Cant wait to get mine, ordered a few 1Z products last night and they all should smell like lemons...mmm.

Bobby G
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
I have used this product twice with good results. I have also used the Wurth A/C product with pretty good results. The benefit of the 1Z product it that it does saturate the core with foam to kill all of the nasty stuff.

vincewchan
02-16-2009, 05:21 PM
Cant wait to get mine, ordered a few 1Z products last night and they all should smell like lemons...mmm.

Where do you guys order your 1Z products from? I want the Gummi Pfledge but DD doesn`t ship those to California.

o0M3NTAL0o
02-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Center vent (there is one on each side of the giant center speedo) on a 2005 Mini Cooper.