PDA

View Full Version : question for all you `restoration style` detailers

baseballlover1
02-15-2009, 10:38 PM
Lets be honest, majority of the cars that the top notch detailers work on are in the best shape (mechanically and body wise). However im sure you guys have run across a few old ferraris or porsches that have some rust. What do you guys do with that? I have seen some products that im thinking about buying however I am wondering if there are better ways around it.

Have you guys tried Bilt-Hamber Deox-Gel?

Dan

David Fermani
02-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Rust repair is way out of the relm of detailing IMHO.

baseballlover1
02-15-2009, 10:43 PM
Rust repair is way out of the relm of detailing IMHO.

I can understand that if there is a very large presence of rust however what if its just surface rust?

I live to please my clients :).

my dad bought a 83 VW pickup that was a barn find however it had rock chips that began to start to rust. i need to take care of it.

Dan

David Fermani
02-15-2009, 10:48 PM
No offense. Look how long it too you to master detailing. Multiply that by 10 and that`s what it takes to just "get by" with auto body repair. Not to mention the costs involved.

baseballlover1
02-15-2009, 10:54 PM
No offense. Look how long it too you to master detailing. Multiply that by 10 and that`s what it takes to just "get by" with auto body repair. Not to mention the costs involved.

none taken.

Im guna check out that deox gel and see how it works. If it works as well as it says it should remove surface rust.

I do not plan to learn how to sand and respray however... that would be pretty cool :chuckle:.

Danspeed1
02-16-2009, 11:31 AM
How about a couple of pictures?? Maybe some of us have some outside the box ideas.

DG