PDA

View Full Version : Zymol carbon

maxgtir
02-15-2009, 10:14 PM
I bought this product last summer ... try it couples of time and i probably do something wrong , is it me or its really hard to wipe off , i always feel like a sticky/greasy film ... do i apply too much wax ?

David Fermani
02-15-2009, 10:35 PM
Hmmm. I had problems at 1st too. I now apply as thin a coat as possible and do 1 panel at a time. Wipe on >>> Wipe off. It`s one of the easiest waxes I`ve ever used and beads awsome. Trouble is that it`s got piss poor durabilty. On humid days it will sweat and cause a solid black car to appear too oily.

steelwind101
02-16-2009, 06:05 AM
Hi,

As mentioned you cant apply this to the whole car and come back and buff apply to panel and remove.

David, i find it gets about 6 weeks before the looks start to go and a bit long before the beading. This wax does have a good Zymol look like a thing layer of wet ice.

One thing you can do is put Optimum Opti Seal over the Carbon, it makes very little difference to the looks and will lock in the shine for nearer 12 weeks, atleast in my weather.

Geoff

David Fermani
02-16-2009, 08:00 PM
I`ve never seen anything close to 6 weeks here in Florida. The wet look falls off after about the 2nd wash and the beading is flat after about 3-4 weeks.

Thanks for the tip with Opti Seal. I`ll have to try that.