PDA

View Full Version : Meguiars NXT Insane Shine???

Pages : [1] 2

Tex Star Detail
10-09-2005, 08:57 PM
http://www.meguiars.com/estore/products/product_G13115.jpg
Anybody use/like it?

I bought a can of it today. I liked the way it went on. Took 2 passes on my tires for it to shine out good. My tires absorbed it the first pass. Didn`t take it down the road to see if it slings up the side of my truck. Will have to see how long it will stay glossy. Supposed to rain tomorrow.....so we`ll see if it holds up..........

blackcarwoes
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
I use it, I like how you can control the shine and wetness, only downside is that it is pricy at around $6 :ermm:

GregCavi
10-09-2005, 09:00 PM
to glossy for my taste and durability is poor.

Greg

Jngrbrdman
10-09-2005, 09:08 PM
It is way too shiny for my taste. By the time you control the streaks and drips it is pretty greasy looking. I like wet, but greasy is going too far.

Tex Star Detail
10-09-2005, 09:30 PM
So what product gives a nice "new" shine? Not too glossy, but then a nice, clean shine......
Know what I`m saying???

travisdecpn
10-09-2005, 09:39 PM
Poorboy`s BnB provides decent shine, but isn`t overwhelming. It is also water-based so it will not damage your tires.

Jngrbrdman
10-09-2005, 10:46 PM
I`ll second on the bold and bright. I saw it on a car last weekend being used on the tires and in the engine bay. It looked nice.

Miami_Sunset
10-09-2005, 11:17 PM
bOLD n BRIGHT IS THE BEST THIng OUT THERE for TIRE SHINE. :yes:

Tex Star Detail
10-09-2005, 11:28 PM
Looks like I`ll have to try this next time.........Everyone seems to like it better than anything else.

Don
10-10-2005, 04:52 AM
So what product gives a nice "new" shine? Not too glossy, but then a nice, clean shine......
Know what I`m saying???

303 gives a nice `muted` shine and lasts a good while
This is after being applied and buffed off, if you apply, then let it sit without buffing, it`s a bit shinier

http://www.meguiarsonline.com/gallery/data/500/14303_yellow_sunset_005-med.jpg

SVR
10-10-2005, 06:02 AM
Thing I don`t like about meguiars new product is that it is aerosol and I really hate them
The shine that it gives would probably match that of the industrial silicone filled garbage that I have to use at work on new mazda vehicles
Looks like a machine buffed paint job, really wet and shilacky, not very realistic

Autoglym 07b and lanolin are great for de oxidising tyres and sonus, DP, 4 star and wolfgang tire gel`s are my favourites
However poorboys BnB sounds great though, really like steve`s products

Brenton
10-10-2005, 07:03 AM
I used to be a gloss guy, but have developed into a flat shine guy. I use Zep Tireless Shine, but would like to explore water-based products.

jauto98
10-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I used to be a gloss guy, but have developed into a flat shine guy. I use Zep Tireless Shine, but would like to explore water-based products.

I too use Zep Tireless Shine. Last a pretty good time and gives that nice wet shine. Be careful as it does sling if you don`t wipe it. Got an order of PoorBoys BnB though to try out.

lonewolf0420
10-10-2005, 09:10 AM
I was using it for awhile. I switched back to Hot shine because it has a adjustable nozzle which I like because it tones down the over spray. Insane shine would last a good two weeks before my tires were dulling again. Thats was with constant raining. I just don`t like having to buff the car to remove all the over spray. It sticks out like a soar thumb on my black car.

Jngrbrdman
10-10-2005, 10:31 AM
bOLD n BRIGHT IS THE BEST THIng OUT THERE for TIRE SHINE. :yes:

I know know about that.... It`s good, but `best` isn`t a very objective word. Some people really like that greasy wet look from other products. For larger tires I might go for something a little wetter looking than Bold n Bright, but for my low profile tires it isn`t practical.