PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Grime Reaper

Pages : [1] 2

OCKlasse
02-14-2009, 02:32 AM
It seems we do not have a thread on this yet, so let`s get some feedback from everyone using it!

I personally love it on filthy exhaust tips. I spray 1:5 and let it dwell for a few minutes and pressure wash. They always come out sparkling! :hifive:

bwalker25
02-14-2009, 04:58 AM
I bought 2 gallons of it and have been less than impressed with it. It doesn`t seem to clean very well at all for me on rims. I bought it for the sole purpose of tires/rims cleaning and it does NOT do that very well for me. Of course I have not tried them on chrome, or aluminum or stainless, but FWIW I believe this is a useless product on dirt/grim or anything else on a coated/painted rim or tire.

If I could rate the product:

effectiveness (tires/rims) = 1 to 10 = 3

alot of aggitation was required to get it to clean and I was using it at 3:1 and even full strength.

I will not buy this product again....but thats just me, perhaps it is really ment for exhaust tips, etc.....

Danspeed1
02-14-2009, 10:21 AM
Oh, good I`m going to jump on this thread.... This stuff is on my list along with

EXTREME ORANGE SUPER CONCENTRATED HEAVY DUTY DEGREASER.

DG

OCKlasse
02-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I bought 2 gallons of it and have been less than impressed with it. It doesn`t seem to clean very well at all for me on rims. I bought it for the sole purpose of tires/rims cleaning and it does NOT do that very well for me. Of course I have not tried them on chrome, or aluminum or stainless, but FWIW I believe this is a useless product on dirt/grim or anything else on a coated/painted rim or tire.

alot of aggitation was required to get it to clean and I was using it at 3:1 and even full strength.

I will not buy this product again....but thats just me, perhaps it is really ment for exhaust tips, etc.....

I have agree with you about the wheels. I had some caked on brake dust on my girlfriend`s BMW that I thought would be annihilated by GR. It turns out it only became annihilated once used with #0000 steel wool :laugh:

Streetlife
02-14-2009, 12:15 PM
The best i`ve used is Surf City Garage`s grime destroyer.:bigups

bwalker25
02-14-2009, 07:32 PM
IMHO grim reaper by CG is an epic failure.....it just does not work for me....

There ez cream glaze was okay, but not great, most of there products I have used are mediocre at best.

Dsoto87
02-14-2009, 07:41 PM
I was actually looking forward to buying some of this once my refund comes in....I guess ill be going with megs APC=...btw...bwalker, what didnt you like about the ez creme glaze?

It worked wonders for me. Easy on, easy off. Gave a similiar look to DWG. The only reason why I wouldnt use it more often is since it contains cleaners. I like to layer DWG. Thats my only gripe with the ez creme glaze.

bwalker25
02-14-2009, 08:03 PM
I agree it is VERY EASY to put on and extremely easy to wipe off. But I just didn`t feel it added anything to the gloss of a properly prepped car.

grim reaper very well make work wonders on stainless/chrome/etc but as far as cleaning ability on tires/rims that are coated/painted I saw very little if any in the way of cleaning. I in fact would choose eagle 1 a2z wheel cleaner over this any day of the week. that is of course speaking in terms of strictly wheel/tire cleaning.

the glaze like I said is very easy on and very easy off, good application but just didn`t like the look......

az57chevy
02-15-2009, 07:24 PM
IMHO grim reaper by CG is an epic failure.....it just does not work for me....

There ez cream glaze was okay, but not great, most of there products I have used are mediocre at best.

That surprises me. I`ve been VERY pleased with the CG line but haven`t tried the Grime Reaper yet.

jordanrossbell
02-15-2009, 08:43 PM
I really like CG products...i have heard a review like this on Grime Reaper before, you are not the only one..i was once looking for a new APC and was told GR wasnt that great....so i stuck with Meg`s APC

Dsoto87
02-15-2009, 08:47 PM
Goes to show just how well there product descriptions can actually sell. Just by reading their description you would think this stuff would melt the plastic bottle

bwalker25
02-15-2009, 08:54 PM
IMHO most of there products are hype, and just dont perform like other products I`ve used.

again IMO and IME CG products are vastly over rated, you can not rely on there charts on there website, grim reaper doesn`t clean very well at all, its like purple water that isn`t safe to drink. but there glazes are very easy to apply and wipe off, infact they wipe off effortlessly, and I truely enjoy wiping the product off, but it just does not enhance the look to the point I can consider it worth applying.

most of there products are imho over priced/over hyped and just fail to perform. non of there waxes will outlast collinite 476s, and not a single one I have tried will out do IW845, I have nothing against CG products or there customer service, they just do not work for me. for me I buy from a local distributor and buy the rest from AG or autopia (ultima)

but in all fairness, I have yet to try the GR on stainless/chrome such as exhaust tips, so it may be a miracle worker on that, but not on anything else that is any kind of dirty.

edit: I am going to now bow out of this thread, I think I am beating a dead horse, and it is overly obvious that I do not like the CG products....

Dsoto87
02-15-2009, 08:59 PM
I havent tried too many CG products but I do love their silk shine. Just the right amount of shine. Im not a fan of the matte look. I need just a little gloss.

I do plan on getting their M and F seal once my tax return comes in.

They do hype up their products a little too much. Everything is their "best one yet"

I dont think theyre that overprice either. In fact i think theyre priced quite nicely compared to some others products

You say they have nothing that will outlast collinite, but than again, what will?

I think I will be passing on this for sure though. I usually like to try a product before I form an opinion but this just doesnt seem to live up to its name at all. Good thing too since I like to buy in bulk to save money

Vintage
02-15-2009, 09:35 PM
i like their jetseal and citrus wash and gloss. other than that, i get my stuff from AG mostly. One thing I do check for first at Chemical Guys . . . microfibers. They are very inexpensive and work perfectly fine for me.

NSXTASY
02-15-2009, 09:43 PM

Perhaps you should try a dedicated wheel cleaner, as opposed to an APC of sorts.

Will CG ever fix the typos?

Grime reaper is just as good as other APCs IMO, Megs APC/FK1 APC/Citrus Degreaser etc. Lately, I am using CG CW&G in a spray bottle. IMO, nothing outstanding with Grime reaper as compared with most APCs.