PDA

View Full Version : Klasse AIO on plastic?

Boston Man
02-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Can Klasse AIO be used on smooth and/or textured black plastic trim? How about Klasse SG?

BigJimZ28
02-12-2009, 09:16 PM
as usual a test spot is best

but I have used it for years on my dad`s jeep

it does a great job on the plastic trim

Boston Man
02-12-2009, 10:24 PM
I read in the "8 day, Ferrari" thread, he used AIO on the plastic trim. Just wanted to make sure i didnt mis-read.

I`ve read AIO`s description and it said "safe on trim." I thought it meant if you accidently got some on the trim, not apply on the trim on purpose lol.

Thanks man

willtothewong
02-13-2009, 12:40 AM
i`ve used KAIO on everything

plastic trim/windows/bumpers etc

but for KSG is only for paint, and more specifically, paint prepped with KAIO

imported_smprince1
02-13-2009, 04:55 AM
I`ve used KAIO on smooth plastic trim with great results....haven`t tried on textured plastic.

Boston Man
02-13-2009, 08:26 AM
Thanks guys.

Would it be wipe on wipe off for the plastic trim? Or work it in to get the oxidation out?

tom p.
02-13-2009, 10:22 AM
Guys, are we talking about smooth plastic or textured plastic?

Accumulator
02-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks guys.

Would it be wipe on wipe off for the plastic trim? Or work it in to get the oxidation out?

I use both the KAIO and the KSG on plastic trim, including textured stuff; it`s what I`ve used on the MPV`s black plastic since new and on the WRX`s plastic before that. Works fine for me unless the trim is in really nasty shape (in which case I use KAIO followed by Collinite 845, if *that* doesn`t work I`ll reluctantly turn to ERV dressings).

I work the KAIO to clean/remove oxidation, usually applying with cotton terry, but I buff it off before it dries. And I use W-O-W-O with the KSG (which I usually don`t do otherwise) as it seems to result in a more uniform look (i.e., less chance of streaking). Thin thin thin with the KSG, even more important than when using it on paint.

I would be a bit careful to not let it dry on the textured stuff, any excess can be a PIA to get out of the lower depths of the texture (but it`s never been a *huge* issue IME).

BigJimZ28
02-13-2009, 12:43 PM
but for KSG is only for paint, and more specifically, paint prepped with KAIO

sorry If I as not clear but,

I have used them BOTH (KAIO & KSG)

on the plastic of my dad`s Jeep 2X a year

for about 10years now!

so yea it`s great on that plastic

sirhubbs
02-13-2009, 12:50 PM
Can Zaino`s AIO be used on plastic as well?

tom p.
02-13-2009, 12:52 PM
Thanks, Accumulator. Can we talk about the benefits of using these products on plastic? What are the benefits?

Accumulator
02-13-2009, 01:01 PM
Can Zaino`s AIO be used on plastic as well?

I only tried it once (the black plastic portion of the A8`s sideview mirrors). The abrasives in the ZAIO *really* hazed it up (took me two polishes to bring it back), unlike KAIO which works great on the same surfaces.

So I`d be kinda careful if you want to try it...
Can we talk about the benefits of using these products on plastic? What are the benefits?

*IMO* the primary benefits are:

-durability; no need to redo after every wash (or every dozen washes)

-can be quickly/easily refreshed with the appropriate QD or spray sealant

-no running/streaking in rain

-no product transfer (e.g., onto car covers)

-no dust/dirt attraction/retention

-decent or better looks (no, I *will NOT* say it necessarily looks as good as a good ERV dressing in all cases)

E300Diesel
02-13-2009, 01:16 PM
This is turning out to be a very informative thread. Thanks all for the info!