PDA

View Full Version : Wash mitts?

STL WRX
02-12-2009, 01:24 PM
Looking at Griot`s micro fiber wash pad`s or sheepskin mitt. What would be the best choice for the new red paint on my 350z? Already got 2 five gallon buckets and grit guards and now just wanting to keep from messing my new paint up with wash swirls.

The first to items listed.

Car Cleaning Tools - Griot`s Garage (http://www.griotsgarage.com/category/car+care/car+washing/car+cleaning+tools.do)

dublifecrisis
02-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Sheepskin has a big following. I personally like the MF/Chenille mitts. For the price, I always use 2. They do a good job and are durable as far as handling the rigors of the wash machine etc...

Check out the Scmitt too. those are a favorite.

STL WRX
02-12-2009, 01:31 PM
I have used sheepskin for years from walmart... is there a difference?

ZaneO
02-12-2009, 01:47 PM
My personal preference is sheepskin. I typically use Eurow brand mitts available at Wal-Mart.

BigJimZ28
02-12-2009, 01:51 PM
when my Walmart had the Eurow`s I could usually find a good one

but the Walmarts around here stop carring them

you can get them from excell detail

and he sell them by how plush they are!

Bunky
02-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I saw the MF Chenille Mitt in the Griot`s catalog. I use the glove style with ONR but I just use it like a mitt - not on the hand.

I watch the collar to make sure it is not dragging the paint. I was going to sew it inside. The other mitt style seems every better and not a bad price compared to the glove style OTC (like 2 for $10).

Accumulator
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
If I were ordering a wash medium from Griot`s I`d get their BHB ;)

The Griot`s sheepksin mitt is a little different from my other ones...more "fuzzy" and less like "hair". It`s nice and gentle but can trap dirt and be a pain to clean.

I use the Griot`s BHB for the initial passes and then follow up with a sheepskin or MF (regular plush MF, not the "muppet" style ones), both with a foamgun.

Eliot Ness
02-13-2009, 02:05 PM
when my Walmart had the Eurow`s I could usually find a good one

but the Walmarts around here stop carring them

you can get them from excell detail

and he sell them by how plush they are!I also prefer sheepskin and the Eurow`s seemed fine when you picked through and found a nice one.

Our Wal-Marts quit selling them for a while too, but a couple of weeks ago I saw them again.

BigAl3
02-13-2009, 02:31 PM
the best sheepskin mitts i`ve used for many years with no problems are the SM Arnold, which have been pretty consistent in quality and are thumbless which I like.

Joel_MD
02-13-2009, 02:43 PM
I really like the Griot`s sheepskin mitt. I bought one about 3-4 years ago, and it held up well until about six months ago at which time it disintegrated during the course of a couple of washes. Overall it held up quite well. Since then I have tried a couple of other mitts and sponges, but I miss my Griot`s sheepskin so I think I`ll buy another one soon.

BigJimZ28
02-13-2009, 02:54 PM
Our Wal-Marts quit selling them for a while too, but a couple of weeks ago I saw them again.

thanks for the heads -up

I will have to go check

citizen arcane
02-13-2009, 04:08 PM
I pick and choose through sheepskins @ Advanced Auto for about (last time I checked) eight bucks.

One other thing...I run mine through the washer w/ no probs.

imported_RZJZA80
02-13-2009, 07:42 PM
I`m very happy with my MF mitt from Wal-Mart, 5 bucks I think it was

02zx9r
02-14-2009, 05:00 PM
I got one of the sheepskin mitts from Walmart and use it for my ONR washes (DP 4 in 1) and have no issues with it.

I have a MF mitt I got from auto nerd but have not used it yet.