PDA

View Full Version : Having trouble with claying routine

qbmurderer13
02-12-2009, 12:48 AM
Hey guys ive detailed a few cars now and have had some problems with claying. I wash and dry the car like normal and then clay. Now I think I might be using too much lube as I can NEVER wipe off all of the QD. Tons of streaks and leaves sort of a hazy film on the paint. If I use less lube the clay just gets stuck on the paint. Now I could re-wash the car after claying but that would be a pain.

An easier thing to do would be too clay while the car is wet but then I end up with waterspots all around the vehicle.

Now I always polish afterwards and was wondering what should I do? Just stick with the streaking and hazing of using too much QD or accept the waterspots as they will be removed with clay/polish anyways?

imported_DJBAILEY
02-12-2009, 01:20 AM
Just wash the car after claying. You`ll get rid if the residue.

WhiteStripes
02-12-2009, 01:34 AM
I was always taught to wash the car after a clay anyhow.

Also check what kind of lube the clay recommends. IME the Zaino clay really works better with their recommended use of watered down Z6.

Setec Astronomy
02-12-2009, 07:23 AM
I almost always clay after a wash with fresh wash solution (rather than using QD/lube). Plenty of liquid and you just rinse the car off after. What clay are you using that you are having this problem with?