PDA

View Full Version : Applying KSG

macconinc
02-09-2009, 08:31 AM
A question for all you experts. What is the proper procedure for applying KSG with a UDM ? I need help with things like speed, how much KSG, how long to use the UDM, etc.

Or, is is better to apply the KSG by hand ? If so, how much rubbing is needed when applying ?

Thanks in advance....:D

Garry Dean
02-09-2009, 09:17 AM
I always apply KSG by hand. It should take no more than 1 ounce to do a normal size car. As far as rubbing, I just use a microfiber applicator and wipe it on gently. Make sure you put it on very thin or you will need a chisel to get it off. Hope this helps.

Setec Astronomy
02-09-2009, 09:28 AM
Go by hand, I like the whisper-thin application of SG where you wipe it, and see it flash and disappear, almost like a WOWA sealant, but you have to have the car color and right lighting to do that.

Accumulator
02-09-2009, 11:46 AM
..Or, is is better to apply the KSG by hand ? If so, how much rubbing is needed when applying ?

I always get a much thinner application by hand. It takes me *far* less than one ounce to do the minivan (including the jambs, etc.)..I`ve been using the same bottle of KSG for many years at least 8) and I layer it heavily, use it on wheels quite often, and I`ve even knocked it over a few times resulting in lots of spillage. Unless you`re a pro who specializes in huge SUVs, a bottle of KSG oughta last for a long, long time IMO.

Hardly any rubbing at all is required when applying. You just wipe it on. If you get it on correctly thin (to the point that it`s hard to see it), try fogging the panels with your breath when buffing it off (which I consider a good idea anyhow).

macconinc
02-09-2009, 12:07 PM
Thank all of you for your input. I can see the hand application is preferred. I`ll give it a try next time.

RDAVEX7
02-09-2009, 01:04 PM
It also helps to moisten your applicator. My personal preferance is to use a microfiber or foam applicator, soak it in water and squeeze it out really good so it`s just damp. Then add a few small drops of KSG and wipe on waiting a few seconds before removing.

I have also used Sonus Acrylic Spritz for this with good results and removal but water should be just fine. I like to layer heavy too.