PDA

View Full Version : Read the instructions!!!

Apollo_Auto
02-09-2009, 02:30 AM
For those of you out there that aren`t pro detailers, who want to try out new products, the best advice I can give to you is READ THE INSTRUCTIONS :furious:!!!

I`ve just finished writing a letter to a Hungarian guy that I sent some samples to recently. I sent him out a sample of Dodo Hard Candy, poly-clay, Insta Finish dressing and Insta Finish Wash n` Wax (I gave him a very detailed list of instructions). The response I got in a short translation: "I used the Dodo you sent me today on a test panel next to some Sonax and Rex wax. I applied the waxes with a cotton towel (I told him to use an applicator) and after 1 hour I took it off (I told him 5-10 min...). Then he washed the panel with some soapy water (I`m just taking a wild guess that it was dish soap) and there was hardly anything left. I`m very skeptical about these products you`re trying to sell, as I think they`re good for nothing. I didn`t use the Wash n` Wax, because soap takes off the wax. I didn`t use the clay either because I think it`s stupid.`

Now Hungarians are a very skeptical people in the first place, but skepticism and ignorance tend to go hand in hand and this is a perfect example of it.

MarcHarris
02-09-2009, 04:43 AM
lmao

what can you do but laugh? that`s some funny stuff man (not for you surely) - but wow. "i didn`t use the clay either because i think it`s stupid"

Junebug
02-09-2009, 12:04 PM
Stupid is as Stupid does.............Forest Gump

eyezack87
02-09-2009, 01:08 PM
You should tell him that the wax can withstand gasoline and fire too :chuckle:

Some guys are just wayy too stubborn or ignorant :(

scaswell27
02-09-2009, 01:09 PM
:LOLOLman that is one guy who must know what he is doing. NOT

Apollo_Auto
02-09-2009, 01:48 PM
You should tell him that the wax can withstand gasoline and fire too :chuckle:

Some guys are just wayy too stubborn or ignorant :(

Yup, you can`t teach an old or a stupid dog new tricks :)

nrengle
02-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Yup, you can`t teach an old or a stupid dog new tricks :)

No, you can teach a old dog new tricks... 90% of the time you can`t teach an old car guy new tricks till they screw up their paint!

porta
02-10-2009, 12:39 AM
Haha :har:

Apollo_Auto
02-10-2009, 03:33 AM
No, you can teach a old dog new tricks... 90% of the time you can`t teach an old car guy new tricks till they screw up their paint!

:LOLOL Yup, like my Brillio Pad customer...

imported_Conan777
02-10-2009, 10:57 AM
LOL! ok Stop wasting samples and just send them to me!:woot2:

metalmania31
02-15-2009, 11:23 AM
LOL, maybe next time only send sample and instructions to people who can actually read english, unless you want to send a translated version of instructions. Oh well live and learn.