PDA

View Full Version : Seal gray paint?

ericpike
02-08-2009, 09:01 PM
I`m trying to decide what I should try first on the seal gray Cayman that I will be getting soon. My current arsenal includes:

Polish: Menzerna SIP/Nano, random Sonus polishes, and some stuff from Griot`s.

Wax/Sealants: Werkstat Prime/AJT, Collinite 476 and 845, Klasse AIO, P21S Carnauba, Rejex and Griot`s Best of Show.

Assuming the paint is in average shape, my plan is to clay it and apply the Menzerna twins with my Griot`s polisher (similar to PC). But I`m stumped on what to use after that. The car will be my daily driver - garaged at night, outdoors during the day. I`d like to use what I already have, but I`m open to other suggestions if there is something else out there that`s better. Any thoughts on what would look best with this paint? Thanks!

Dsoto87
02-08-2009, 09:08 PM
Im using prime/ajt on my diamond graphite dd which is a dark metallic gray and I love the way it looks. The only difference is I have a layer of danase wet glaze inbetween.

I think youll be fine with what you have right now

uzj100
02-08-2009, 09:12 PM
By SIP/Nano, you mean SIP and 106 (either FF or FA)? You can request the dealer not touch it wash or detailing wise and you can take off the white protective film yourself. With any luck, you might be able to get by with clay and sealing the paint. If not, 106 should be all you need, again with a little luck and nobody else messing with it. IMHO, the Werkstat combo would be a good choice and look nice on the Seal Gray.

Others will chime in soon I`m sure

HTH

ericpike
02-08-2009, 10:05 PM
By SIP/Nano, you mean SIP and 106 (either FF or FA)? You can request the dealer not touch it wash or detailing wise and you can take off the white protective film yourself. With any luck, you might be able to get by with clay and sealing the paint. If not, 106 should be all you need, again with a little luck and nobody else messing with it. IMHO, the Werkstat combo would be a good choice and look nice on the Seal Gray.

Others will chime in soon I`m sure

HTH

Thanks for the feedback. Yes, I meant SIP and 106 (I can`t remember whether it`s FF or FA - I think FA?). The car will be used, not new, so if it needs much correction beyond SIP and 106 I`ll consider having a pro take care of it.

Interesting comment on Danse Wet Glaze. I didn`t realize I could put it between prime and AJT. I`ll have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion.