PDA

View Full Version : wet looking tires

Pages : [1] 2

yukonXL
10-08-2005, 10:18 PM
hello everyone, this is orsmith...my password got jacked up some how so i had to re-register...i was driving in my neighborhood and i saw this truck. The tires had a real wet look!!!! i`m using meg`s hot tire spray.I get a good gloss but not that wet look. Should i apply 2 coats? What is out there u can buy local that will give you that ultimate wet look and shine.

Miami_Sunset
10-08-2005, 11:10 PM
meguiar`s endurance high gloss. :punk: the purple gel

fatchance
10-08-2005, 11:14 PM
Just atteneded Meg`s class and the NXT Insane Shine is wetter than High Endurance Gloss. That`s about the weteest thing out there.

Jngrbrdman
10-09-2005, 12:42 AM
I use Eagle One Wet. It looks great, lasts a couple weeks, and it doesn`t sling all over the car when you drive away. You can`t ask for much more than that.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/wheel.gif

TrueDetailer
10-09-2005, 12:48 AM
I would say detailers choice solvent based, But OTC i like megs high endurance

Theres a guy here locally that makes an awesome dressing, he calls it ghetto sugar. He charges 30 bucks a gallon, and 100 for 5 gallon. I have a gallon of it that i use on my personal rides. This stuff makes my tires look like i put about 3 coats of clear on them.

Thomas Dekany
10-09-2005, 01:21 AM
No touch extreme tire shine in a spray can. WET!

The Chee
10-09-2005, 06:06 AM
I`ll say Meg Endurance high gloss too, a bottle will last you yearssss :biggrin:

yukonXL
10-09-2005, 09:22 AM
i guess the concensus so far is the meg`s endurance high gloss then the nxt insane shine...i`ll try the high gloss first...thanks for the help

whitejavaS500
10-25-2005, 06:45 PM
ok ive tried almost any big name brand tire shine, and nothing touches this new stuff for wettness. It`s called Gliptone TRU Blue and its unreal, plus it smells SOO good.

Just My 2 Cents,

Ben

CBlakeNS
10-25-2005, 08:03 PM
I have this stuff in the garage, its called Eagle One Wet Tireshine...I used it occasionally works great, last long..however in my opinion I think it attracts too much brake dust...so I stick with armor all....

LikeaRock
10-25-2005, 08:07 PM
P&S Wipe N Shine gel dressing. One coat of this stuff gives a really wet looking tire :drool

Sherman8r44
10-25-2005, 08:53 PM
is the gliptone true blue full o` petroleum distillates?

Beemerboy
10-26-2005, 09:06 AM
I have had great success with PB B-n-B ...you can spray on and let dry that will give you a wet look...What I have been doing is using a sea sponge slightly wet spray on and wiipe the tire. I repeat this once after the first coat drys....Its a super shinny wet looking tire that lasts for about two weeks.

joe.p
10-26-2005, 02:54 PM
[QUOTE=Jngrbrdman]I use Eagle One Wet. It looks great, lasts a couple weeks, and it doesn`t sling all over the car when you drive away. You can`t ask for much more than that.

I wanted something otc after seeing these pics i just returned from autozone with some eagle one wet. i dont like anything real shine. so anyways if i acheive the same looks as jngrbrdman om my tires thats fine for me. nice pics

Mikeyc
10-29-2005, 02:03 PM
I`ll say Meg Endurance high gloss too, a bottle will last you yearssss :biggrin:

I third this motion. The high gloss version is awesome and smells awesome too!! I apply it with an Eagle One Tire Swipe. I think I`m on my second or third bottle in 5 or so years. Also, you can get it almost anywhere.