PDA

View Full Version : ArmorAll Interior Silicone?

Pages : [1] 2

99GrandAM
02-08-2009, 12:53 PM
Hi all...quick question I`ve been meaning to ask. Awhile back I bought 4 bottles of ArmorAll Original for $1 each. I was just curious if this has silicone in it...b/c it says it has a non-greasy formula. I like the look, but don`t want to ruin my dash if it has silicone in it. Doesn`t say on the bottle if it does/doesn`t have silicone in it...

http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa13/msbggoalie09/SSPX0026.jpg

Thanks! :)

BigAl3
02-08-2009, 12:59 PM
if you apply it to the dash, just wipe it down really well with a microfiber towel and it will leave a matte finish...

Fallz
02-08-2009, 01:11 PM
Check the label. If it does not say silicone free then it probably is not. Just from my experiences.

BigJimZ28
02-08-2009, 02:25 PM
it`s a decent product with a bad rap!

a ton of stuff has silicone it

it`s been a loooooong time since AA was bad for your dash

BigAl3
02-08-2009, 02:33 PM
it`s a decent product with a bad rap!

a ton of stuff has silicone it

it`s been a loooooong time since AA was bad for your dash

agreed.....

Bigpoppa3346
02-08-2009, 02:36 PM
I really don`t think many on this site understand what silicone is, and it`s role in detailing products.

Clear dressings are the ones that you want to, for the most part, avoid. They contain petroleum distillates which are not great for your car`s surfaces.

Milky colored dressings are the ones that you want to stick with. They are water based and are fine for all surfaces. They can be easily cleaned, too.

Armor All is a milky dressing, is it not? It is a fine product with a bad reputation because of issues it had many years ago.

BigAl3
02-08-2009, 03:04 PM
Armor All is a milky dressing, is it not?

yes, it`s white and water-based...

Bigpoppa3346
02-08-2009, 03:38 PM
yes, it`s white and water-based...

Yeah, it was kind of a rhetorical question. :nana:

I`ve been using the stuff almost exclusively on tires for the last 1 and a half years, and get great results with it. :up

BigAl3
02-08-2009, 03:40 PM
I`ve been using the stuff almost exclusively on tires for the last 1 and a half years, and get great results with it. :up

same here, i use the tire foam and tire gel all the time with good results as well... :)

Bobby G
02-08-2009, 03:45 PM
Silicone was never the issue with the original Armor All. It was the solvent they put in it to clean that cause the drying and cracking issues.

You`ll hardly find an interior dressing product now that does not have silicone in it.

Holden_C04
02-08-2009, 03:50 PM
So many misconceptions about silicone, it`s unreal. :hairpull

Bigpoppa3346
02-08-2009, 03:54 PM
Silicone was never the issue with the original Armor All. It was the solvent they put in it to clean that cause the drying and cracking issues.

You`ll hardly find an interior dressing product now that does not have silicone in it.

+1

I`m sure nearly all dressings have silicone in them. It is the solvents in the clear, oily products that does the damage.

salty
02-08-2009, 04:27 PM
Besides the fact that there is many types of silicone.

99GrandAM
02-08-2009, 04:56 PM
...okay...guess I was mistaken then. I just wanted to make sure b/c I remember someone telling me some time ago that silicone was bad...but I guess I was misinformed and stand corrected now. Thanks for the advice.

Scottwax
02-08-2009, 05:38 PM
So many misconceptions about silicone, it`s unreal. :hairpull

Gee, I wonder how that got started. :chuckle:

---------------

Armor All (the "original" version) is a very good product, especially on tires and fenderwells. Nice shine, decent durability and no slinging problems. A little glossy for interiors IMO but it certainly won`t hurt anything.