PDA

View Full Version : Foam Cannon (Lance) no longer foams :-(

EOppie
02-06-2009, 10:15 AM
Hey guys, so I have a foam cannon that seems to have piddled out. I adjust the red knob on the side where it is supposed to adjust concentration of the soap pickup, and if i turn it all the way on, it goes to nothing but water coming out, and no foam :nixweiss

I used to be able to dial it back a bit and get some foam production out of it, however now it really won`t produce anything at all.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix it? I am pretty bummed if it has crapped out completely on my since at $66 it wasn`t exactly cheap...but I guess it did work well for almost two years.

I have one with the karcher blade end attached, if I do have to pickup a new one, I think I will simply replace the hose on the washer and get a standard style connection for the foam cannon in case my washer were to ever crap out.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-Eric

AcuraYYZ
02-06-2009, 10:24 AM
Just a guess but did you make sure the pick-up hose in the plastic canister isn`t clogged, disconnected, cracked, etc?

EOppie
02-06-2009, 12:09 PM
Yeah, I thought of that. I checked it and it is all groovy

EOppie
02-06-2009, 12:57 PM
Well I guess I forgot that I got a good deal...and these things are pricey (at least for an amateur like me) I Looked around online and found the Wax Workz one which looks to be beefier than the one that I have. Mine is the Autobrite Foam Lance with a Karcher type connection on the end of it. Maybe I will take it apart and see what I can find. Otherwise it looks like a $100 order may be around the corner :-(

imported_Bence
02-06-2009, 06:23 PM
Try to shoot a good load of undiluted limescale remover through it.

Apollo_Auto
02-07-2009, 05:35 AM
Try to shoot a good load of undiluted limescale remover through it.

Yup, that should solve your problem. There`s really no "small moving parts" in it so it won`t just "stop working". I had the same problem with mine and some Domestos limescale remover cleared it right up.

EOppie
02-07-2009, 08:33 PM
I will give it a whirl tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

EOppie
02-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I Ran some "The Works" through it and it seems to have done nothing. I will try and pickup some CLR to run through it and see if that makes any difference

BigJimZ28
02-20-2009, 09:35 PM
I Ran some "The Works" through it and it seems to have done nothing. I will try and pickup some CLR to run through it and see if that makes any difference

if it is a deposit it might need time to dissolve

IMO rip it appart and leave it submerged in vinager for a few days