PDA

View Full Version : Torn between the Flex and Makita...

Pages : [1] 2 3

Labster
02-05-2009, 05:18 PM
I got a little extra money burning a hole in my pocket because of my grant refund and I`m in need of a new polisher. My Dewalt wasn`t really to my liking but after using a Makita I really liked it and seemed a bit easier to maneuver. My problem comes in in the fact that I`ve been eying a Flex DA for a while now and about a year and a half ago I bought one and then came into some hard financial time and sold it to pay off some unexpected bills. Now I`m torn between getting one or the other or both...hahaha. I know the pluses and minuses of each I`m just curious as to if I need both or if I can survive with just a rotary...decisions decisions...

eyezack87
02-05-2009, 05:37 PM
I used my friends Flex while I had my PC. I found that hard to control. Then I bought my Makita and was wowed by how easy it was :)

I say Makita ;)

imported_Detailing Technology
02-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Makita.....

Page
02-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Theirs really on comparison of the two . You just can`t go wrong with a Makita :2thumbs:

Labster
02-05-2009, 07:28 PM
I know there`s no comparison...I just like toys...lol

Page
02-05-2009, 09:54 PM
Well If you just like TOYS i would just buy both :bigups I would if i could:clap::clap:

imported_MBenz
02-05-2009, 10:16 PM
Makita all the way. Surprisingly easy machine to use and more useful than the flex. You can use all different kinds of pads and backing plates.

slckrsx
02-05-2009, 10:32 PM
If you do this as a business definently get the makita.

BigAl3
02-05-2009, 10:57 PM
if you can afford it, get both. they both will have their uses...

if you haven`t seen this, check it out...

Detail Paradise Forums-viewtopic-Flex XC 3401 VRG Review and Testing Very Long ! (http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Accumulator
02-06-2009, 12:34 PM
Gee, everybody`s going with the Makita. A (perhaps lone!) opinion from the other side of the fence: I have both and I vote "Flex 3401".

Preachers Sheets
02-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I went from PC to Cyclo and now DeWalt rotary.

A rotary in the hands of someone with common sense who reads a few threads online will be fine. They are easier to use than you think and I have come to find they are safer than you think. Literally, if you have common sense you`ll be fine. Once you start finding different product/pad combinations you can detail a new car with one and oxidized grey car and make it come out jet black.

I like my Cyclo alot, random orbital`s do have a place but the rotary is really fun and gets the work done quickly.

Lumadar
02-07-2009, 12:40 AM
I have both, and am glad I do (occasionally the FLEX offers a combo that can safely 1 step, or turn a 3 step into a 2 step) that a rotary simply can not due to hologram issues.

That said, I reach for my Makita at least 9 times out of 10 when doing full corrections as my main weapon, and typically go to my G110 as a final step if I do not finish out with the rotary.

Altered-Image
02-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Chalk up another one for the makita....i love mine...alot.

imported_artikxscout
02-08-2009, 01:49 AM
makita for full corrections, pc for finishing.

David Fermani
02-08-2009, 06:29 AM
A rotary in the hands of someone with common sense who reads a few threads online will be fine. They are easier to use than you think and I have come to find they are safer than you think. Literally, if you have common sense you`ll be fine.

Wise words. I agree 100%. :up