PDA

View Full Version : leather help!

fd3annen
02-05-2009, 03:59 PM
Alright I a sure there are plenty of posts out there but someone just give me and honest quick answer. My girlfriend spilled some chineese food grease on the leather seat in the car and now it has a bit of a smell. I wiped it up with some meguirs leather cleaner but I can still smell it. Can anyone suggest a method and product that is good to use on leather. I would ideally purchase it at a store so i don`t have to wait for it. Thanks for the help.

Quality Leather
02-05-2009, 05:05 PM
I would use alcohol diluted with water.

wascallyrabbit
02-06-2009, 06:53 AM
i would use alcohol (10%) water (85%) and a touch of joy dish washing soap(5%).

fd3annen
03-03-2009, 02:49 PM
Ok so lets say I want to give my entire leather interior a good clean job. Do I use the alcohol/water mixture all over. What do I follow up with. And when you say alcohol, I just want to make sure it is Rubbing Alcohol right? And what product would you suggest to use, if any, after I give my car a good wipe down with the alcohol/water mixture. And is it safe to use on dashboards?

wascallyrabbit
03-03-2009, 03:52 PM
yes, rubbing alcohol. personally i use water, opp or leather masters. haven`t tried it on plastic or vinyl. you should to do a small test spot before doing the whole thing.