PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Extreme Slick QD vs. Gloss-It Enhancer QD

Nopstnz8
02-05-2009, 12:46 PM
Hey guys I was wondering which QD you guys prefer to be used with Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant? I can get 2 bottles (16 fl ounce) of CG`s Extreme Slick QD for about $15, or the gloss- it enhancer (22 fl ounce bottle) for $19. I want to know which has greater durability, shine, and is good for daily clean ups? I am assuming gloss- it wins most of these based on a test conducted on it, but I am curious how CG`s compares. Which would you say is a better value for the money? All comments welcome. Thanks.

Nopstnz8
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Anyone? I would like to buy one of these ASAP since I don`t have any of my current QD at home. Thanks.

OCKlasse
02-06-2009, 01:47 AM
FK 425 is my best friend.

Use ONR for a QD and 425 for a real gloss booster IMO.

Street5927
02-06-2009, 01:54 AM
I actually just finished detailing my back 08` Saturn Sky. I used the Gloss it Evolution polish to remove minor defects, and then follwed up with an application of the Klasse AIO, topped with Pinnacle Souveran wax. I used the Gloss it QD to remove any remaining product and it looks awesome.

autoconcierge
02-06-2009, 08:58 AM
Gloss-it Gloss-enhancer is the best performing QD imho.

brianshaeffer
02-06-2009, 09:28 AM
I have the CG Synthetic Detailer. If you`ve used Meguiars Ultimate Detailer, the CG stuff is very similar. I`ve not used the others, so I can`t comment on them.

NSXTASY
02-06-2009, 10:44 AM
I dont have any experience with the suggested products but ~$30 shipped 1 gallon FK 425.

A gallon of the CG Extreme slick is $22, though shipping is likely another $10. The CG desc. says it can be dilluted 3:1 as well.

For daily cleanups, while I wouldn`t recommend or perform them myself, get a gallon of QEW/ONR. Try a local Camping World, I get QEW for 29.99/gallon.

22 oz for $20+ of Glossit is hard to justify. $90/gallon + shipping? Even Z6 is cheaper for a gallon.

porta
02-07-2009, 02:30 AM
OID is also a great product, it will give some durability but the shine and slickness is awsome.

Nopstnz8
02-07-2009, 04:24 AM
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually just ordered the FK1 425 QD and the 108 Interior anti-static protectant. Can`t wait to try these out! What are your guys` opionions of the interior protectant?

OCKlasse
02-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. I actually just ordered the FK1 425 QD and the 108 Interior anti-static protectant. Can`t wait to try these out! What are your guys` opionions of the interior protectant?

Awesome, awesome product!

Use with a foam applicator from everything to tires, leather, plastics, and rubber. Works excellent on all I have mentioned, and look absolutely fantastic on tires (no sling)! I love using it on anything in the interior, as well as the engine bay and rubber seals.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v338/trefive/pertplus/e21a4fb1.jpg

BigAl3
02-07-2009, 12:15 PM
FK425 = :up

NSXTASY
02-07-2009, 01:32 PM

Wise choices. 108 is outstanding on all rubber/plastic interior/exterior. It is all I use on tires and leather. Really nice on leather. Great on many types exterior trim.

Apply with a foam applicator to the tires, after a few weeks of applying it, you can begin skipping apps if you like a nice matte sheen. I clean the tires with CG CW&G and apply 108, havent cleaned with APC in since the tires were new.

NSXTASY
02-07-2009, 01:53 PM

Wise choices. 108 is outstanding on all rubber/plastic interior/exterior. It is all I use on tires and leather. Really nice on leather. Great on many types of exterior trim.

Apply with a foam applicator to the tires, after a few weeks of applying it, you can begin skipping apps if you like a nice matte sheen. I clean the tires with CG CW&G and apply 108, haven`t cleaned with APC since the tires were new.