PDA

View Full Version : Too Dirty For ONR???

chaotik
02-05-2009, 09:20 AM
I love using ONR and I know how safe it is to use...but I was wondering if the car I have to do is too dirty.

At the company I work for..I do all the detailing and aluminum polishing of all the Peterbilt semis that they own...keeps me busy most of the summer.

The owner of the compant loves his cars (gets new ones every year) and always had some scary looking detailer come in to do them on occasion. He takes great care of his cars...if it rained this morning..it would be taken at lunch to be washed...kinda guy.

Well...his new black Benz Cl 550 AMG (black on black on black) has been sitting in the garage at work since November (purchased in June). It has a heavy coating of dust on it...but since the garage is used for washing the big trucks...the dust has gotten wet from the humidity and kinda got all crusty on the car and wont just wipe off.

Im kinda afraid just to do even a presoak with ONR..then normal ONR wash, due to how this stuff is stuck to the paint. Rather not have to rinse it down normally to get it loose or off...then do the ONR wash...but if I have to...well.

I want to get him as a repeat customer....since I know he is anal about his cars....and that his wife has nice cars also!! So...I want this to come out killer....so he thinks of me instead of the other guy when his cars, or boat, or snowmobiles need a good detail.

THANKS

MIKE

Vintage
02-05-2009, 10:16 AM
I love using ONR and I know how safe it is to use...but I was wondering if the car I have to do is too dirty.

At the company I work for..I do all the detailing and aluminum polishing of all the Peterbilt semis that they own...keeps me busy most of the summer.

The owner of the compant loves his cars (gets new ones every year) and always had some scary looking detailer come in to do them on occasion. He takes great care of his cars...if it rained this morning..it would be taken at lunch to be washed...kinda guy.

Well...his new black Benz Cl 550 AMG (black on black on black) has been sitting in the garage at work since November (purchased in June). It has a heavy coating of dust on it...but since the garage is used for washing the big trucks...the dust has gotten wet from the humidity and kinda got all crusty on the car and wont just wipe off.

Im kinda afraid just to do even a presoak with ONR..then normal ONR wash, due to how this stuff is stuck to the paint. Rather not have to rinse it down normally to get it loose or off...then do the ONR wash...but if I have to...well.

I want to get him as a repeat customer....since I know he is anal about his cars....and that his wife has nice cars also!! So...I want this to come out killer....so he thinks of me instead of the other guy when his cars, or boat, or snowmobiles need a good detail.

THANKS

MIKE

Hello Mike, kinda hard to tell without pics. Just wondering . . . if it`s already in the garage where the trucks get washed, would it be easy for you to just rinse it off first and then make your assessment from there? Do they have a pressure washer readily available?

Just my .02 and wondering out loud :)

chaotik
02-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Yeah.... Everthing is right there.... But... Less water I put on.. Less has to be dried on an otherwise immaculate car.

Probably will have to hose her down though

backwoods_lex
02-06-2009, 12:55 AM
...probably will have to hose her down though

That sounds like the best thing to do rather than risk it when not necessary. Good luck!

Tripperfx3
02-06-2009, 02:00 AM
I tired ONR on my car last winter when it was heavily soiled and ended up swirling the crap out of the car. Best bet would be to do a pre-rinse. If you use a good quality MF drying towel the paint should be fine.

dervdave
02-06-2009, 06:49 AM
Best to presoak, wash the vehicle with normal car soap, then ONR.:xyxthumbs

akimel
02-06-2009, 09:51 AM
Perhaps the pre-soak method that was described on this forum (http://www.autopia.org/forum/car-detailing/113318-onr-definitive-thread.html) a couple months back would be appropriate for this situation:

1. Spray down each panel with QD strength ONR. (pump type garden sprayer)

2. Wipe each panel down gently with a dripping wet MF from the ONR bucket.

3. Rinse and squeeze out the MF, get it dripping wet again, and redo the same panel.

4. Dry the panel with a clean MF followed by a second MF

Also, you might want to use the two-bucket method in conjunction with this.