PDA

View Full Version : ONR and Clay Magic?

tnforever
02-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I`m seriously thinking about investing in some ONR for winter washing (it`s still cheaper to wash with soap and water) and as clay lube and QD (ONR is MUCH cheaper this way)

So, I want to ask how effective ONR is as a QD (for quick full car dark color wipe down) and how good it is as a Clay lube.

From what I can tell, I`ll probably use ONR at 2x clay lube strength as clay lube, since it doesn`t seem to do well at the recommended strength.

My biggest question, though, is whether it`ll break apart clay magic, since I`ve had Meg`s DC wash turn my clay into a grainy mess...

spK
02-03-2009, 11:25 PM
I personally use ONR as my clay lube. So far it works great, I like it even better than last touch. Somehow the clay removes more contaminates with ONR when I use it. I mix it at clay lube strength and no, it does not make the clay crumble.

As for QD, I have not personally tried it but I`ve read that it`s more like a quick cleaner-upper spray, doesn`t provide that much protection or gloss.

willtothewong
02-03-2009, 11:34 PM
i use ONR for the wash and the clay lube

i dont think its as good as a quick detailer though.

i think those dedicated QD`s are better off than ONR is but for wash and clay lube, ONR cant be eat

02whitetundra
02-04-2009, 12:03 PM
I find ONR is an excellent QD. There`s plenty of slickness and looks like a freshly waxed vehicle when I`m done. Also much cheaper mixing it yourself vs buying a dedicated QD.

Bigpikle
02-04-2009, 12:57 PM
I use it at QD strength on my garage queen, when its a bit dusty and needs a little clean up. I use a standard QD for adding a quick gloss after washing etc. Not yet tried it as a clay lube but will do soon.

tnforever
02-04-2009, 03:47 PM
Can anyone confirm the compatibility with clay magic?

I know plenty of people can use car soap for clay lube with no problems, but it made my clay magic clay crumble.

I personally see QD more as a way to clean off spot stains and light dusting, rather than a gloss enhancer, so I think ONR will do well with me replacing my QD and clay lube. I just use some Quick waxes to follow up after a wash to enhance my gloss, just as easy and looks better than QD imo.

Scottwax
02-04-2009, 11:23 PM
Can anyone confirm the compatibility with clay magic?

Video good enough?

YouTube - Claying with Optimum No Rinse (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF1lSdpZYnk)