PDA

View Full Version : Morning dew problem

Pages : 1 [2]

Mark77
02-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Looked up the CR spotless. Thanks.

I may try a simple home version for non-professionals like me. I would get the following two items and just clear the dew with DI water then pat dry.

1. Large plastic watering can with a single spout; and

2. Aquarium DI kit from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals.

Total cost of the above should be around $40.

That should work quite well to get the dust off, I sometimes get dust off by using a watering can and take the cap off so the water runs freely. If you have a good LSP, almost all of the water runs off, like with the sheeting method, but this is even more effective I think..

imported_themightytimmah
02-04-2009, 08:45 AM
Wow that is bad! Those spots look like mineral deposits from well water, are you sure that your neighbors sprinklers aren`t getting the car wet in the middle of the night?

MiamiS430
02-04-2009, 09:49 AM
No, that is pure, South Florida dew.

blucpe
02-04-2009, 09:58 AM
No, that is pure, South Florida dew.

i live in south fl. also and up until mar. of last yr. i had the same problem. i wiped down the car every single day before i drove it. i used to spray pb`s s&p on first, liberally, and wipe with a 24x24 mf drying towel. whilest my car is electron blue not black, this worked very well for me. once or twice a week i`d hit it with aw after initial wipedown. hope this helps.

Street5927
02-04-2009, 10:57 AM
That is bad. Before I had a garage, I kept my black vehicle outside (it was only for about 2 months after purchasing was I able to keep it garaged), but I remember coming out every morning and not only would there be dew on it, but the black car was suddenly green from all the pollen sticking to it.

mblgjr
02-04-2009, 11:34 AM
Water filter/softener setup and some Opt. No Rinse in a 1-Gallon pump sprayer. Get a "bleach sprayer" so you get the viton o-rings.

Mix ONR accordingly in the sprayer and spray the car down with it. Should turn most deposits loose; hit with the filtered/softened water and drive to work.

Should be fast and keep the deposits from `taking` for the most part.