PDA

View Full Version : What do YOU put in your foam gun?

Pages : [1] 2 3

JpiRally
02-03-2009, 01:49 PM
What kind of liquid do you put in your foam gun? I just got the wolfgang but only have megs car soap. Will that work well? What have you used and liked?

I am so excited to use this thing...lol

joe

tom p.
02-03-2009, 01:56 PM
I`ve tried a bunch of products in my Gilmour. To date, I think the Optimum car wash may be the most impressive without using outrageous amounts of soap. The Optimum is clearly superior.

Enjoy, the foam gun has become a "must" for me during the nasty winter months.

imported_Yal
02-03-2009, 02:56 PM
Duragloss 901. Foams like crazy. But I love it too much to use it anymore in the gun :) I might try something cheaper like Gold Class.

Slik560
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
DP Extreme Foam plus a little Mequiar`s Gold wash. The amount of each depends on how much surface crud there is. This winter has been bad for the Scion and Mini.

eyezack87
02-03-2009, 03:28 PM
-Gold Class

-Hyperwash

-NXT Wash

-DP Xtreme Foam

-DP Autobath

-Dawn

-P21S TAW (it works! lol)

-combination of all the above

Thats my soap setup for the foam gun. They all work excellently in the foam lance/cannon too :)

D Tailor
02-03-2009, 04:25 PM
I use TOL`s Bubble Bath (http://www.topoftheline.com/topoflinbub.html)

BigAl3
02-03-2009, 06:08 PM
the EO1 car wash works very well with the foam gun and is even better if you can still get some at your local kragen for $1.33...

JpiRally
02-03-2009, 07:09 PM
kragen??? explain.....

Thanks everyone. I will try the gold class I have and see how that works. in reality any foaming soap will work right?

joe

MatrixXRS
02-03-2009, 07:10 PM
Duragloss 901. Foams like crazy. But I love it too much to use it anymore in the gun :) I might try something cheaper like Gold Class.

+1 Duragloss 901 FTW!

BigJimZ28
02-03-2009, 07:13 PM
kragen??? explain.....

Online Auto Parts and Auto Accessories Store at PartsAmerica.com (http://shop.oreillyauto.com/default.aspx?SID=m_d_kragen)

imported_Detailing Technology
02-03-2009, 07:19 PM
Zaino Z7

Dawn

Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss

I just bought Einzett Perls, Ill give it a go in the spring.

blucpe
02-04-2009, 10:01 AM
cg`s cw&g, pb`s slick suds.

Street5927
02-04-2009, 10:42 AM
I have only tried two products so far in it. I have used the Pinnacle Body Work Shampoo, which does not foam very well; but then I have used a cheap car wash called Purple Power Car Wash. It foams like CRAZY! I love it, though. It seems to clean very well, and again, it does foam real well.

Here is a quick question, (and not to hijack your thread) I want to try my ONR in it, but wasn`t sure if that would clog or work very well...has anyone tried the ONR in their foam gun???

Eliot Ness
02-04-2009, 10:44 AM
cg`s cw&g, pb`s slick suds.I also usually use Poorboy`s Super Slick and Suds (http://www.autogeek.net/pbss32.html). Other cheaper washes in a little higher concentration seem to work OK too.

.........I just bought Einzett Perls, Ill give it a go in the spring.The 1Z Perls is a low suds wash so it might not be a good candidate if you`re looking for lots of foam.
........Here is a quick question, (and not to hijack your thread) I want to try my ONR in it, but wasn`t sure if that would clog or work very well...has anyone tried the ONR in their foam gun???ONR has almost zero suds so you`d get very little foaming. I do use ONR in a garden sprayer (http://www.amazon.com/Chapin-Garden-1-Gallon-Sprayer-20000/dp/B000E28UQU) as sort of a pre-treat when doing an ONR wash.

Accumulator
02-04-2009, 11:25 AM
Noting that I don`t want a lot of thick foam, and probably use the foamgun quite differently from most people...I`m still using the rather pricey Griot`s Car Wash.

I`m currently mixing about five ounces of shampoo to about 123 ounes of water in a gallon jug and I fill the foamgun from that. I`m currently using the next-to-weakest setting most of the time.

Regulars here will note that this a a bit stronger (both the initial concentrate and the foamgun setting) than I used to use, but it doesn`t seem to degrade my LSP.