PDA

View Full Version : What`s this stuff?

Bassinmax
02-03-2009, 06:40 AM
New Generation Clay Bar Auto Detail Magic Shine Eraser (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160313388881&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=)

Has anybody ever tried it?

Street5927
02-03-2009, 06:47 AM
I haven`t heard of it, however, I don`t think I would use it myself. It seems a little too much like the magic eraser that came out for cleaning your house. That works very well, but if it is anything like that, I would think it could scratch the finish....

BIOLINK
02-03-2009, 06:59 AM
According to the auction it`s: "The Magic Shine Eraser is the best substitute for traditional hard to use clay bar." LOL

I have seen these before but passed on buying one because the clay is actually easy to use. Who knows?

BobD
02-03-2009, 07:23 AM
I`ve used them and I don`t like them. For me it left black marks all over the car that I had to go back and remove with a clay bar anyway. It`s nothing like the magic eraser. It`s more like a sponge with a rubber like coating on one side.

craigdt
02-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Looks like a gimmicky piece of junk. It looks like a knockoff of the Ultima clay thing.

Bert
02-03-2009, 03:35 PM
Looks like a gimmicky piece of junk. It looks like a knockoff of the Ultima clay thing.

It looks pretty much identical to the sponges Danase, Ultima, Chemical Guys, Detail Plus and Hi Tech sell to me. These are the sponges the SpoiledMan and AutoImageDetail like so much. I have one it did a pretty good job for me. It will require a little polishing afterwards but since I planned to compound afterwards anyways, I didn`t mind.

BobD
02-03-2009, 07:20 PM
It looks pretty much identical to the sponges Danase, Ultima, Chemical Guys, Detail Plus and Hi Tech sell to me. These are the sponges the SpoiledMan and AutoImageDetail like so much. I have one it did a pretty good job for me. It will require a little polishing afterwards but since I planned to compound afterwards anyways, I didn`t mind.

Yeah, I`m pretty sure they are the same and come from the same maker.

wannafbody
02-03-2009, 07:33 PM
New Generation Clay Bar Auto Detail Magic Shine Eraser (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160313388881&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=)

Has anybody ever tried it?

It`s probably like the real clay bar in that only one company owns the patent:nervous2:

smokin180
02-05-2009, 02:19 PM
I have 1 I used on light to moderate overspray ate it right up.

GLuXuRy
02-05-2009, 10:34 PM
a buddy of mine deals with Chemical Guys .. so i asked him to pick up some clay for me .. instead he gave me their version of that sponge thing .. it works .. easy to use .. but i cant help but thinking that junk is getting stuck to it and im spreading it all over my car .. i like how you can kneed the clay bar and use a clean part

that thing your stuck with one side FOREVER

DM101
02-06-2009, 05:45 AM
I have used the chemical guys CLAYBLOCK®-SURFACE CLEANER CLAY ALTERNATIVE. Worked quite well for me on a surface that was not in bad condition.

heatgain
02-06-2009, 08:27 AM
I have 1 I used on light to moderate overspray ate it right up.

Do you mean the sponge ate the overspray right up,

or,

the overspray ate the sponge right up???

smokin180
02-06-2009, 06:59 PM
Sponge ate up the overspray.