PDA

View Full Version : Chemical Guys Wheel Gel vs. P21S Wheel Gel

Pages : [1] 2

Nopstnz8
02-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Hey guys I am looking for a wheel cleaner to use on my Volk GTS Wheels with the anodized lip and gunmetal powdercoated face. I am curious if the Chemical Guys wheel gel is safe for the anodized lip, since I know P21S is safe. Chemical Guys claim it is, but I want to be certain so the lip doesn`t get ruined. Also, what brushes would you recommend to clean the wheels that don`t scratch the anodized lip? What about a worlds greatest boars hair brush or sheepskin wheel brush? I am currently a Lowes grout sponge and it takes a while. Would any of these brushes make the cleaning faster and easier without compromising the finish over time? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

tom p.
02-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Alternate product rec: Griot`s wheel cleaner

GLuXuRy
02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
was wondering the same thing rx8 .. i have the GTS`s also .. i forgot to ask CG if they had anything for the wheels this weekend when i was there .. i later found out they did, so i didnt get a chance to ask .. call them up .. im sure its fine for our wheels

craigdt
02-02-2009, 02:21 PM
According to what they say, it should be safe.

And Ive seen quite a few people use the EZ Detail brush thing for wheels. I personally use a mf mini mitt thing I got at Target that works very nicely.

memnuts
02-02-2009, 10:01 PM
This was brought up not to long ago on another detailing website. It is very close in performance to p21s wheel gel. I just got some but it has been soo cold here in NJ I haven`t had the oportunity to try it.

OCKlasse
02-03-2009, 12:28 AM
I make a concoction via CWG and it works pretty damn close to as well as P21S.

autoconcierge
02-03-2009, 01:19 AM
This is a great thread, for years I have been frustrated with the performance of "safe" wheel cleaners.

There was always the choice of cleaning or safety, as I work on a good amount of vintage Ferrari vehicles with full polish Borrani spoke wheels and modern cars with costly modular wheels.

I have used P21s in the past and it works nicely, but the cost made it hard to use on a regular basis. The new sticky gel by CG is nice as well with the cost much more agreeable however I was looking for more cleaning power without etching un cleared lips or scouring delicate painted spokes ect....

Recently I used a beta version of Gloss-it ph neutral wheel gel and this is what I was looking for exactly real world cleaning performance without the fear of damage to wheels that cost what some people in this country consider rent!!

Here is a write up on a HRE C- 21 modular wheel with great results.

Pic one dirty wheel

Pic two yours truly cleaning said wheel

Pic three dialed in HRE perfection

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/autoconcierge/HRE%20wheel%20pic/DSC00147.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/autoconcierge/HRE%20wheel%20pic/DSC00149.jpg

http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp172/autoconcierge/HRE%20wheel%20pic/DSC00150.jpg

GLuXuRy
02-03-2009, 02:07 PM
^^^ so you have used both P21S wheel gel and CG wheel gel

which are both safe for sensitivie wheels ?

NCZ13
02-03-2009, 02:19 PM
I use CG sticky gel on AMG and chrome bmw 7series wheels and have no issues.

I have been maintaining these cars since summer and the wheels are completely fine.

autoconcierge
02-03-2009, 07:52 PM
Yes both CG and P21S are safe, I just wanted more cleaning along with the safety to not etch delicate finishes.

imported_Denzil
02-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Yes both CG and P21S are safe, I just wanted more cleaning along with the safety to not etch delicate finishes.

So does that mean that CG and P21S can etch delicate finishes, in your experience?

GLuXuRy
02-04-2009, 12:37 AM
i talked to a member on here about the P21S gel wheel .. he said its safe on ALL wheels ... i wonder how it holds up on those 250K Asanti`s :)

blk45
02-04-2009, 10:38 AM

Although that product may work well, the pics that you supplied hardly show any cleaning ability. That wheel was far from "dirty".

btmlinedan
02-04-2009, 10:50 AM
how do you guys compare the CG and P21S vs a seperate mit and car wash solution? I`m afraid of chemicals on my powdercoated wheels...

that`s what i`ve been using for a while, but then again, i was my wheels last

GLuXuRy
02-04-2009, 11:22 AM
^^^i thought powdercoat was more durable than paint with clear