PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Cleaner

Street5927
02-02-2009, 12:15 AM
I have read alot of posts about sealing/polishing, etc. wheels. There also has been alot of discussion on ZoopSeal. I have some insight into this. I have used the ZoopSeal products and am impressed with the sealant aspect of it. The cleaner was alright, but the sealant worked very well for me on both my Pro Comp polished aluminum wheels as well as my Pro Comp chrome plated wheels.

What I found through some internet research a few years ago was a company called metalwax. metal wax.com (http://www.metalwax.com)

I have found that their cleaner is second to none if you have alot of rust, oxidation, etc. It is very easy to use and cleans quickly and efficiently. I was not impressed with their topwax, however. For quick cleanings and final polishing of anything chrome/metal on your vehicle, they also offer a spray wax, which leaves a very nice shine and is very easy to use. It comes in an aerosol can.

In a nutshell, I have cleaned my wheels with the metal wax cleaner, sealed with the Zoopseal and then did a final wipedown a day or two later after the Zoopseal had time to set in, with the spray on wax from metalwax. I kept up with them by just using soap and water and then doing the final polish with the spray on wax, which again, was easy to use and left a nice glossy shine on the metal. I have also used the metal wax on chrome/ chrome plating on vehicle`s and it works very well.

This combination lasted me appx. 4 months (in the winter with roadsalt, etc) before I saw little specs of rust starting to form again. I applied it in November and it lasted until around March the next year. I re-cleaned and reapplied in the order listed above and it lasted the entire summer. Needless to say, I ran out of this stuff last spring, and the wheels are in pretty rough shape, so it`s time to order some more metal wax products and more ZoopSeal to get them back into shape.

I hope this sheds some light on both products.