PDA

View Full Version : Flex XC3401VRG Dual-Action Polisher

Pages : [1] 2

imported_Paul S
02-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Has anyone had experience with this machine? Thanks.

Paul

BigAl3
02-01-2009, 04:33 PM
tons of info, try searching... " flex 3401 "

BTW... :welcome !

D Tailor
02-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Yeah. This machine is like the second coming of the random orbital. It`s put my PC on headlight and spot buff duty permamently....well not yet. But it will when it arrives this week.

GLuXuRy
02-01-2009, 10:40 PM
^^^your poor PC .. doesnt get to see any of the action anymore

BigAl3
02-01-2009, 11:10 PM
also, here`s a great review!

Detail Paradise Forums-viewtopic-Flex XC 3401 VRG Review and Testing Very Long ! (http://www.detailparadise.com.au/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=2912&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0)

Accumulator
02-02-2009, 11:57 AM
BigAl3- Every time you link to that I get all :nervous2: about using my Flex`s Edge adaptor.

Paul S- Welcome to Autopia! Speaking as a PC/Cyclo/rotary/Flex 3401 owner- the short answer regarding the Flex 3401 is "buy one".

D Tailor
02-02-2009, 12:07 PM
^^^your poor PC .. doesnt get to see any of the action anymore

:chuckle: Yeah. I consoled it by telling it that it was going into the semi retirement-special forces-sit back and rest your weary bones department.

:D

DM101
02-02-2009, 01:39 PM
I have one and you can`t pry it out of my hands.

jam
02-02-2009, 02:00 PM
Geez, I was planning on getting a Makita to complement my G110, but now I`m not so sure with all these rave reviews about the Flex.

Are there any significant disadvantages when comparing the Flex to a nice Rotary? It seems like the flex can handle just about all the polishing duties of a Rotary with less chance of leaving some trails.

The Flex has it`s own backing plate from what I`ve read. Is it the only backing plate available and what does everyone do when you want to polish some tighter areas? Any adapters or anything? Or just use a different machine or hand polish? Thanks for the advice!

Accumulator
02-02-2009, 02:25 PM
Geez, I was planning on getting a Makita to complement my G110, but now I`m not so sure with all these rave reviews about the Flex...

While I suspect that my Makita is a (much?) more durable tool, I`d much rather live without that polisher than be without my Flex.

Are there any significant disadvantages when comparing the Flex to a nice Rotary? It seems like the flex can handle just about all the polishing duties of a Rotary with less chance of leaving some trails.

I`d still want a rotary for real rocks-in-a-bottle compounds, but other than that (and I dunno if most people would ever really need those products anyhow) I`d expect the Flex 3401 to be able to handle anything (that`s smart to do at all).

I have no idea how the Flex would work on the stupid-soft paints that supposedly require a rotary for flawless finishes, never worked on any paint that was like that.

The Flex has it`s own backing plate from what I`ve read. Is it the only backing plate available and what does everyone do when you want to polish some tighter areas? Any adapters or anything? Or just use a different machine or hand polish? Thanks for the advice!

Yeah, that`s the only backing plate for that polisher.

I got one of the Edge adaptors that used to be available, but I hear it will break on me in no time. Haven`t tried it yet and it`s no longer on the market anyhow so yeah, you`re stuck with ~6" and bigger pads. Usually not a biggie, you can use the edge of the pad to fit in most tight spots. I really only find small pads *necessary* for doing small-area spot correction, otherwise most seemingly inaccessible areas can be done with the overhanging portion/edge of a larger pad.

imported_sal329
02-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Can`t wait to get mine

wfedwar
02-02-2009, 07:24 PM
Read up on oiling the felt ring. Plenty of stuff on it, just search. Do it before using it.

BigAl3
02-02-2009, 07:36 PM
BigAl3- Every time you link to that I get all :nervous2: about using my Flex`s Edge adaptor.

just be gentle with it and you`ll be okay... ;)

Accumulator
02-03-2009, 11:31 AM
just be gentle with..[the Edge adaptor].. and you`ll be

okay... ;)

Well, that`s what I`m hoping, but I might relegate it to no-pressure work with finishing pads/etc.

BigAl3
02-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Well, that`s what I`m hoping, but I might relegate it to no-pressure work with finishing pads/etc.

i`m curious as if they are even available anymore, it would be a bummer to break it and not be able to get another one...