PDA

View Full Version : Pad recommendation for hand polishing?

jtown
02-01-2009, 12:18 PM
I recently picked up a Flex 3401 and a bunch of 6" CCS pads, but I forgot to order something for hand polishing. Any suggestions? I did accidentally pick up some 4" CCS pads ... perhaps I could just use those?

Thanks!

Setec Astronomy
02-01-2009, 12:36 PM
Sure, you should be able to use the 4" pads.

imported_smprince1
02-01-2009, 12:37 PM
For hand polishing I typically use terry towels or a terry covered foam applicator. They seem to have more bite than foam. Of course, if you want less bite for finishing, you could just use a foam applicator.

jtown
02-01-2009, 03:43 PM
Ah ok ... so there isn`t any specific pad that`d be good. I`ll try with the 4" pads.

Accumulator
02-02-2009, 12:22 PM
For hand polishing I typically use terry towels or a terry covered foam applicator. They seem to have more bite than foam. Of course, if you want less bite for finishing, you could just use a foam applicator.

Yeah :xyxthumbs And then you can use MF if you want/need something even milder than the foam. IME it goes roughly like this: terry = aggressive; foam = moderate; MF = gentle.

I don`t think I`d try using aggressive (made for machine) foam pads by hand, I`d rather use the cotton terry for aggressive work even if it takes longer. When I said "foam" I meant like foam wax applicators, though I`ve used foam *polishing* pads made for machines before and those worked fine.

jDizzle
02-02-2009, 07:57 PM
^^^ i agree ^^^