PDA

View Full Version : Pinnacle Souveran Question??

Pages : [1] 2

tsx2004
10-06-2005, 09:55 PM
hi all,

i currently use S100 for my carnuba and i really like it. its not expensive and i can get it locally since i dont live too far from a harley davidson store.

now ive seen the results of pinnacle souveran and it really brings alot of shine to the car. ive seen numerous people posting a pic of their car with souveran put on and the results are amazing.

the only thing is that souveran is pretty pricey and here is where my question comes in. now ive been a member of this forum not too long and im still learning and in fact, i got a lot to learn.

anywayz, what makes souveran so expensive? does it provide a longer protection than its competitors such as P21S? S100? Nattys blue? etc.etc.etc.

one sourveran cost about $70bucks. i can get three cans of s100 with $70bucks and still have a bit more money left. oh well, shed some light for me. charlesw, jaredpointer, and every expert detailer out there.

tsx2004

GregCavi
10-06-2005, 10:04 PM
I have souveran coming tommarow, got in on the buy one get one free deal. Anyway I havnt used it so I cant comment on looks but why is it so expensive? MY guess is becuase it says souveran on the jar. Why are NIke shoes so expensive? You guessed it. It has a nike sign on it. Even if this wax is really amazing is it worth 70 bucks, I woudl say no. I woudl never pay full price for this wax. I will post more on looks after this weekend.

Greg

Anthony A
10-07-2005, 01:18 AM
one sourveran cost about $70bucks. i can get three cans of s100 with $70bucks and still have a bit more money left. oh well, shed some light for me. charlesw, jaredpointer, and every expert detailer out there.

tsx2004

You can get four jars of S100 for $60.00 and you would have $10.00 left over. S100 costs $15.00 a jar.

Brenton
10-07-2005, 04:41 AM
I`ve tried Souveran on two cars and I`m not all that thrilled. The wet look may only come after several applications, or if the paint is perfect to begin with.

yankees1
10-07-2005, 05:42 AM
I have used Souveran for several years now and I do like it very much! However, I recently bought a jar of Nattys Blue and it went on easy and came off easy and what a wet look! Price was much cheaper also ! I normally start with Klasse AIO, then several coats of Klasse SG and finish up with Souveran or Nattys. I will probably stay with Nattys from now on though.

budman3
10-07-2005, 08:15 AM
I have never used Souveran...yet. But- You can use the most expensive wax on the market and not get good results, if the surface isn`t prepared for it. I truely believe that Prep before wax is way more important than the wax itself. Clay, some good polishing, and a good paint cleaner will make the biggest different no matter what the wax is. I don`t know if I can justify the price of Souveran, but if I got to try it a time or two, that`ll make the decision a lot easier.

daos
10-07-2005, 08:57 AM
i went with p21s because its the cheapest of the "top of the line" waxes and i love it. although, i will try nattys to see if there is any difference. if not, then nattys it is.

JaCkaL829
10-07-2005, 10:15 AM
I don`t have any experiences with Souveran, but from what I read on the forums Souveran is one of the least durable waxes out there. This wax is a true beauty wax. IMO the only way i`d consider buying it is if I
a) Had a black or red car
b) It sat most of its life in a garage
Seeing how I have a daily driver black car, I feel Souveran isn`t for me. I`ve been playing around with a couple different sealants (EX-P, UPP, #21s next) and I also use P21s and have a hard time telling differences in them. Since i`m running low on P21s I ordered some TS which is comparable to Souveran and I heard more durable then it, so I`ll be playing around with that this spring. I ordered the TS just to try something new; bottom line is your prep is key, no matter what your using as a LSP.

Anthony A
10-07-2005, 10:45 AM
i went with p21s because its the cheapest of the "top of the line" waxes and i love it. although, i will try nattys to see if there is any difference. if not, then nattys it is.

In case you don`t already know S100 and P21S are identical waxes. P21S is marketed toward automotive and S100 toward motorcycles but they are the same waxes.

Jngrbrdman
10-07-2005, 12:00 PM
Personally I don`t see a future for carnauba waxes. Why would you want to use a wax when polymer sealant technology is progressing so well? I use Wolfgang as a good example. Wolfgang looks as good to me as a coat of Souveran. Compare the two side by side and I really don`t think you could say that Souveran looks better. Maybe just as good, but it isn`t something that improves beyond what Wolfgang already does. Plus you get it at significantly less money and it is more durable.

I can see the use for carnauba when trying to soften the look of seriously durable products like Klasse SG. Klasse SG is so sharp and glossy that sometimes I feel a little carnauba warmth helps, but I don`t think $70 carnauba warmth is necessary. I just don`t see a future for high priced carnaubas as long as sealants are going to be so affordable and look so close anyway. I`m not bagging on any waxes or anything, but can you see what I`m saying? How is carnauba going to improve on this?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y42/OCDetails/DSC02663.jpg

JaCkaL829
10-07-2005, 12:52 PM
I liked WG, too bad I got poor durability with it, about the same durability as a carnauba :(

Jngrbrdman
10-07-2005, 01:09 PM
You did something wrong in the prep or application process if you got durability like a carnauba. Simply by nature a polymer sealant is going to last longer than a carnauba because of how it bonds to the car. Carnaubas don`t bond at all. They just create a shell that melts and evaporates in a few weeks. If you get 6 weeks durability with a carnauba then you are lucky. 8 to 10 weeks is more on par with most sealants durability.

DetailQueen
10-07-2005, 02:31 PM
Everyone has their $.02 BUT mine is Souveran Rocks!! There is no carnauba like it and I think it is worth the money. The shine it gives my car is not comparable to any other product I have used...and currently my garage is flooded with a bunch of car care products. Got to try them all!! :evil:

joe.p
10-07-2005, 03:13 PM
This was a write up from one of the sponsors of DC. I copied this short paragraph.

Carnauba Wax is Dead… Long Live Paint Sealants
So let me, a huge fan of Carnauba show car waxes, publicly proclaim Carnauba wax as dead! Long live the new king! Sure, we’ll continue to see the Carnauba Dinosaurs used by car enthusiasts, like us, but the masses will be using synthetic products that are less expensive to manufacture and last longer in a real-world environment.

Had i seen this before placing an order for souveran i think i might have waited. with the hard winters in chicago i would have opted for something with more durability.

Antonio Waxer
10-07-2005, 03:44 PM
This was a write up from one of the sponsors of DC. I copied this short paragraph.

Carnauba Wax is Dead… Long Live Paint Sealants
So let me, a huge fan of Carnauba show car waxes, publicly proclaim Carnauba wax as dead! Long live the new king! Sure, we’ll continue to see the Carnauba Dinosaurs used by car enthusiasts, like us, but the masses will be using synthetic products that are less expensive to manufacture and last longer in a real-world environment.

Had i seen this before placing an order for souveran i think i might have waited. with the hard winters in chicago i would have opted for something with more durability.

Joe,

You have gotten your author mixed up ...that was written by the Owner of another detailing forum (David B) and I think he probably had another agenda when he wrote it. Carnauba Wax lives and thrives, especially on my vehicles and the ones I detail :alucard:

Tony