PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use different products for rear wheel sling?

mhuie
01-31-2009, 10:23 PM
I`ve always had the problem of my rear wheels slinging crap against the sides of my rear bumper, but after going from 255 to 275 tires, its absolutely ridiculous. It seems to be a BMW thing as my older 5 series did the same thing.

Does anyone have any recommendations on what product I can use on this area to maximize protection and/or slickness? I normally use 1000p on my car and just put extra coats of NXT2 on the bumper area.

Rear euro mud flaps could be an option in the winter, but was wondering if anyone else has any better ideas.

Street5927
01-31-2009, 10:59 PM
I empathize with you. I have a Nissan Titan with a 6" Lift and 35x12.5 tires that stick out about and inch and a half past the body. Not only do I get stuff on the rear fender, but everywhere on the side...even the windows. I`d put mud flaps on, but that would look totally crappy, so I just keep it as clean as possible with tarminator, clay, wax and sealant.

Type[R]+
01-31-2009, 11:55 PM
Maybe some of that 3M clear guard?

SOCALEXO
02-04-2009, 01:45 AM
I have had the best luck with meg`s tire gel & black magic tire gel -- no sling. One tip is to not crazy when running your applicator close to the treads, that`s where the stuff pools up and slings out later. i work from the rim edge out to the tire (tread) edge basically using what`s left on the applicator to hit around/close to the treads.

good luck

Riverdad4twinz
02-04-2009, 02:05 AM
Love using Diamond Professionals "W" Dressing............Sling Free! Apply using an applicator sponge and its the bomb!

Dave