PDA

View Full Version : Windshield Wipers

shadow85
01-31-2009, 09:35 PM
Any suggestions for a long lasting wipers?

Chris@Optimum
01-31-2009, 10:19 PM
I like the Michellen ones

Setec Astronomy
01-31-2009, 10:44 PM
Wipers are a ripoff. My latest fad is the TripleEdge at Walmart for $6.99. I can`t see how they can really last less long than the expensive ones (which don`t last for crap, anyway...sheesh $15.99 ea. at Poop Boys for Bosch and those aren`t even the most expensive). I`ll keep you posted.

BlueLibby04
01-31-2009, 11:04 PM
I recently (this week) tore mine off during an ice storm so Ill probably be picking some up this week. Not sure if I want the rain-x latitudes of the simliar blade made by michellen. My jeep tends to lift the wiper blades off of the windshield at high speeds due to its awesome aerodynamics so I figured I would given those a try.

Ive always liked the regular rain-x blade besides the lifting off the windshield at high speeds.

Bunky
02-01-2009, 06:29 AM
Wipers are a ripoff. My latest fad is the TripleEdge at Walmart for $6.99. I can`t see how they can really last less long than the expensive ones (which don`t last for crap, anyway...sheesh $15.99 ea. at Poop Boys for Bosch and those aren`t even the most expensive). I`ll keep you posted.

I think it is profit markup that drives the price up and not raw materials unless you consider the fancy packaging. It reminds of the "premium" video/audio cable business...someone is really marking these up.

itb76
02-01-2009, 01:17 PM
I really like the Bosch Icons, even at $20+ apiece they work better than anything else I`ve tried. Won`t lift off the windshield and work great in snow. However if they last a year that`s it. As much as I drive wiper blades never last over a year.

chromecarz00
02-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Get any of them and

Autopia Review: Vinyl, Rubber & Plastic Dressings: 303 Wiper Treatment (http://www.autopia.org/reviews/censura.php?cmd=details&itemid=953)

seems like something that would work well...

wascallyrabbit
02-02-2009, 07:01 AM
bosch icons work for me and last around a year or so. the michelin ones didn`t last maybe four or five months. have heard good things from people using the rain-x latitudes. haven`t had any lifting problems with them. have started using the 303 wiper treatment on last time i replaced them. i`ll see if this helps.

imported_Yal
02-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Get the Valeo which are similar to the Icons and are buy one get one free at Tirerack. They definitely last a year.

Valeo Ultimate Wiper Blades (Hook-Lock) (http://www.tirerack.com/accessories/valeo/ultimate.jsp)

wascallyrabbit
02-02-2009, 03:36 PM
had the valeo once they also work well. icons are easier for me to get. get them locally.

GLuXuRy
02-02-2009, 03:44 PM
+3 on the Bosch Icons .. currently have had mine on for about 2 years .. still work like new with a lil wipe down during every wash

REVNU
02-02-2009, 05:43 PM
I`ll throw in another vote in for the BOSCH ICONS. I`ve had mine on for almost 3 years and they STILL work great! Granted we don`t get a lot of rain here in sunny So Cal, but they do spend quite a bit of time in the sun.

Thanks to the little spoiler design I also get no chatter at, ummm... "higher speeds". :cool: